“Great Property”

Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Knoxville, United States
“Great Property”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a brand new property in Knoxville. It is as close to the UT Campus as you can get. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. I Love how many outlets there were near the bed. Made charging my devices very simple. I also liked the reading light that is attached to the bedside table light. If you are coming to Knoxville to visit campus or attend a Football game, I would definitely recommend staying at this property.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIKNOX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville/University, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
We are very appreciative of your amazing review of our hotel rooms! We agree that our rooms are designed with the convenience of our guests in mind. From the extra bedside lighting to the ample outlets throughout for your electronics, to the large flatscreen smart TV's and Direct TV 156 channels, we love making our guests happy and comfortable. We are so glad that you enjoyed those features as well.

The next time you are with us, come on down to the Garden Grill and Bar. We provide full complimentary internet access free of charge, as well as outlets under your seating in both the restaurant and at the lounge - you will love that too!

We look forward to having you again very soon.

Tracy Hicks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Murfreesboro, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My son and I stayed at the HGI for college orientation. It was a wonderful experience and the staff were so customer service oriented. I couldn't have been happier with our hotel stay. From check in to check out, our valet parking, the water and snacks, the cleanliness of the rooms, the comfort of the bed, plenty of hot water, the wonderful lobby, and did I mention the staff? I highly recommend the HGI for your next visit to Knoxville, especially if you need to be near the UT campus.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

You have helped to make our day! Our proudest moments are when our guests take notice of the amazing staff at the hotel. From front to back, they are dedicated to ensuring that each and every guest feels welcome and valued - and we truly appreciate you bringing this to the attention of everyone on Trip Advisor!

As you know this building was old and tired and set idle for a few years until our company saw the 'diamond in the rough' that she is today! While we have only been open for a few short months, we are blown away by the many comments from UT Parents who have shared positive comments about the end result - a great place to stay that is reasonably priced and well staffed and close to UT Campus.

We look forward to having you back time and again - and GO VOLS!!

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I like the hotel and almost every aspect! Location behind the two fast food restaraunts is not ideal, but the hotel is impeccable!

Rooms are modern and very clean! the linens are crisp and comfy, as well as the bed! I extended my stay twice since it was so delightful! great walk to allot to do as well! Fed Ex across the street, Walgrens as well!

Cooper in the bar area is outstanding!

Room Tip: I stayed closest to fast food joints and there was no noise from the street! So I imagine all rooms...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HGIKNOX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville/University, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to give us such a great review on Trip Advisor. We’re glad you decided to give us a try, and that you enjoyed your experience so much that you extended your stay!

I am also glad that you found Cooper, our head bartender, to be a great asset. Our entire staff tries to bring personal attention into every guest interaction, and we are very pleased that you received that attention while enjoying our full-service restaurant. Next time (if the weather cooperates) be sure to enjoy our outdoor diningon the patio adjacent to "Cooper's Bar" - he can even turn the firepit on for you!

Thanks again for the kind words and we really hope to see you the next time you are in Knoxville – we look forward to welcoming you back time and time again!

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here recently for a college visit with my son. Picked the place for its proximity to the University of Tennessee. Place was clean, rooms were small but comfortable. The AC unit kept me up all night clicking on and off. The staff was friendly but a bit to corporate.

The reason I will never come back or recommend this place is because the required valet parking is not included in the advertised price. This place looked competitively priced online but in the end was not. That's bait and switch in my book. Tired parking in one of the "free hotel parking spaces" but was told by a hotel staff I had to use the valet.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James H
HGIKNOX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville/University, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear James:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. While we realize that many price-conscious travelers aren't accustomed to paying for parking, it is fairly normal in downtown university areas where parking is a premium. Since opening, we have ensured that each and every discount channel where our hotel booking is available - including our own in-house reservations and on-line with Hilton - all fully disclose the fact that parking is an additional $10 per vehicle per night.

We are sorry that you were confused about the few outdoor parking spaces adjacent to our hotel. Those, however, have never been 'free parking' - nor are they marked that way. Those spots are reserved for our guests with disabilities and for guests with over-sized SUVs and trucks that won't fit in our garage.

We feel confident that we go to great lengths to fully disclose the fact that a parking fee is added to the folio. Some of our hotel guests who are budget-conscious decide to located off-property parking on the street and we are happy to make suggestions if that is the case. Perhaps if you stay with us again this might be something we can assist you with as well.

We are scratching our heads about your service experience.....but we dropped the ball in making you feel valued. For that, we are so disappointed in ourselves.

Please give us another chance to share the guest experience that has won us the 2014 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence and Hilton Awards for service time and again. We stand ready to assist you and your son in any way possible.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed two nights in this hotel for a visit to the U.T. campus. This hotel is very convenient to the University of TN. That is probably the only good thing I can say about it. The rooms are very small, and they are packed with furniture that isn't really even needed. I can't tell you how many times my family and I bumped out knees on the bed. We are used to the complimentary breakfast, which is just about standard these days. Breakfast is not included here, but there is a restaurant downstairs if you want to pay $12+ a person for breakfast.
The only parking option is valet parking at the cost of $10 a day. There is no pool either. There are restaurants within in walking distance, plus a Walgreens. Although the hotel wasn't awful, I don't think I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank caylismom
HGIKNOX, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville/University, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations.

Your comments regarding the size of our guest rooms is relevant. We take pride in the fact that our quirky-ness is due to the painstaking restoration of this hotel building that original opened to the public in 1969. Perhaps if you choose to stay with us again, you will allow us the privilege of upgrading you to a larger room and/or two-room suite. I apologize that wasn't available to you during your most recent stay. However, as you stated, we were full-to-capacity with families just like yours who were up for a Tour of the University.

Your comments pertaining to a complimentary breakfast are also noted. The entire Garden Inn brand, as mandated by Hilton Hotels Worldwide, offer a full cook-to-order breakfast for our guests,but we are required to charge a nominal fee. We believe our $9.95 breakfast is a good value and is fairly priced in comparison to other full-service hotels in our market. I am so sorry that you were not happy with that.

Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed. Please call on me personally if I can ever be of assistance to you in any way. We do hope to see you or hear from you again in the future. Your business is of great value to us in Knoxville and to Hilton Hotels.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great customer service from this hotel! Big thanks to Shawn (valet manager) for his help with accommodating our extended vehicle. The front desk (Jason) is very customer centric too. Refreshing. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thanks so much for staying with us during your visit to Knoxville. We’re glad you decided to give us a try, and that your experience was 'four star' while you were here!

Our staff tries to bring personal attention into every guest interaction, and we are very pleased that you received that attention at the front desk, the restaurant and the valet department!

Thanks again for the kind words and we really hope to see you the next time you are in Knoxville!

Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I recently stayed here for business and was very satisfied. I was greeted immediately upon arrival and had a very easy check-in process. After I unloaded, I walked next door to Gus' Good Times Deli (an old college haunt) and brought the sandwich back to the lobby dining area and enjoy it. The bartender was very helpful and actually gave me a free coke to enjoy with my sandwich. I will be back again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I know many people read reviews and take a cue from guests like you.

I am also glad you had an overall 'four star' experience at our hotel. We think we’re in a great location – and our guests love our proximity to the University and all the great restaurants located right around the corner (Like Gus' Good Time Deli).

But more than anything, we are thrilled that you got to experiencethe amazing staff that sets usapart from our competitionin downtown Knoxville. The only thing we love more than our staff are the terrific guests we have the opportunityto serve.

We hope to see y'all again real soon in Knoxville!