“Nice place in a good part of town..”

Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills
Ranked #61 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
New York City, New York
“Nice place in a good part of town..”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels for the money when one is travelling for over a year in business...
One downfall is that there is no elevator for 3 floors..the logistics is that the office/front desk check in area is on the ground level, then there are sets of stairs to the second floor in the lobby..and stairs to the upper and lower levels..very difficult when one has health/senior mobility issues..even for groceries etc...
Over all it was nice, quiet, NO undesirable individuals, the beds all have comfortable sealed coverlets on the boxsprings and mattresses for insects..which are common in even the best places..kitchenette and the bathrooms were very clean..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am very sorry that our hotel does not offer an elevator which made mobility a little more challenging. Still, I am glad that you enjoyed your comfortable, quiet room and found it to be clean overall.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 12 November 2013

First room I was given was not cleaned. But they were able to give me a clean room relatively quickly. So not too inconvenient. However, the checkin process altogether probably took 30 minutes. They didn't seem to be prepared for the checkins that day. And the final bill did not reflect a discount I was given in the reservation. So I had to ask for it, which took about another 15 minutes to complete. Also, the assistance at the front desk was minimal. We got down to the lobby with about 5-10 minutes left before breakfast was over. All the food and coffee was gone. Lady at the front desk was sipping on coffee when someone asked if she could make some coffee around 9am. She stated she couldn't help. So the service was definitely lacking here.

Room was adequate, defintely good for the price. I may would stay here again in the future. But I'd certainly look around in hopes of staying at a place with better service. If I stayed here again, it would be reluctantly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that you did not receive quality service. In response to your feedback, I have met with the front desk staff to reiterate proper breakfast and courtesy procedure. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kwh2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
ten mile, tn
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Note: Rating is relative to price- this is not the Ritz Carlton
Room rate was inexpensive. Building nondescript. Room was perfectly acceptable with full (small) kitchen, flat screen TV, reasonable bathroom. Check in was no problem. Quiet while we were there. Did not see an elevator. Note- they do not have daily room service (once a week). Also- no toiletries or hair dryer are provide (you can get a few things from the office). Room A/C worked well with continuous fan option (try sleeping in a strange room with the fan cycling on and off and you will appreciate this feature). Grab and go breakfast useful to prevent starvation, otherwise head to the Cracker Barrel.

Room Tip: Ask for asecond floor room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I work for a four star full serivice hotel, and was quite skeptical of a hotel that cost less than 50 dollars a night, but it was football season, and I wasn't trying to pay over 200 a night just to be down town and boy am I glad I choose this hotel! Since I use to live in Knoxville, I knew the location well, and tho skeptical about what i'd get for 50 dollars, I was impressed to find such a cheap price on a big SEC football weekend. I had passed this hotel on many occasions and knew it was in a good part of town and looked decent from the outside. The lobby wasn't bad but I knew we wouldn't be spending a lot of time there since we were only in town for 2 nights. The hallways were a little funky, but again not spending time there, once we got in the room there was no smell, and I loved the hard wood floor! Since I work for a hotel the first thing i check is cleanliness and I was definetely impressed with what I found...or should I say the lack of what I found!! The bed wasn't as comfortable as I would have liked, but a minor detail as it wasn't horrible either! Anyone traveling into town I would def recommend this hotel for the value! I'll defintely be using it as a top choice (even over my own brand!) when coming into town!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kristen R
Short Pump, Virginia
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The Extended Stay America model is a neal little model. They provide only one queen bed, weekly linen service, and limited service., however, all at a highly discounted rate. Unlimited towels would be available at the desk. The room comes with a full-size refrigerator, an oven and range, and dishes. The hotel offers free, dial-up speed internet, with the option to pay a little more for high speeds internet. I only needed the slower dial-up speed, and I can always use my cell phone as a modem, otherwise.

This Knoxville hotel is in a busier, nicer suburb, close to everything. The price was right, even on a football weekend. The staff was friendly. It was a good place for my son and me to sleep for a for a football game.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Millington, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Went to pick up my daughter at UTK for the weekend so wanted a "cheap" hotel.. this well exceeded my expectations.. the staff were super friendly and helpful getting us around ..
We did miss the turnoff a few times but you just have to circle a block and it puts you right back there..
There was a distinct cigarette smell in the lobby but we were just walking thru so no big deal.
While the rooms were a little outdate, had a nice bed and the tv was a nice large flat screen..
Had all the comforts of home : pots, pans, dishes, coffeemaker, microwave, and frig.. couldn't ask for more although we only stayed one night and didn't use any of it.. still nice to have.
Will definitely stay there again.. especially for the price.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor on the back side and it was very quiet.. a block off the main road so al...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, I do apologize for the smoke smell in the lobby. I'm glad the team was able to be helpful with directions and meet all your expectations. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for our guest and I am happy to hear that we accomplished that during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words about the comfort of your room The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
greenville
Reviewed 12 September 2013

hallways smell like cat piss
no elevators
nice bed
old carpet, not very stained.
all 3 showtime channels
pretty big sink
real small toilet. cannot fit if u have a big behind
hot blonde manager
good water pressure in shower
hallways unkept and dirty lookin but better inside the rooms

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank brad01Greenville
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you found our hallways in that condition. I am having housekeeping staff focus on the stairwells and hallways to ensure that this issue does not happen again in the future. Still, I am pleased to hear that the comfort of our guest rooms suited your needs.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kwh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.