“Wonderful Staff”

Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills
Ranked #54 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this location... Housekeeping still has a few issues... The smell is considerably better in the hallways... I want to make a special mention of the GSR that was here when we checked in... Her name is Kassie Payne, she was very kind and welcoming, she was able to upgrade from a small to a bigger room with out any problems.... She made us feel as if she had known us her entire life... very comforting being away from home

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 months whilst relocating to the US. The room was clean, the staff helpful and courteous, and the price for the 2 month rate which they offer was very good value (essentially a short term lease - which was advertised on an apartment website as a studio apartment). The hotel is also right on the downtown bus route which was handy for someone like me who initially did not have a car. Ultimately, this was the perfect choice for someone in my situation and I would have no qualms about staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Alright, so it's not the Marriott, but it was pretty good considering what you pay for the room. The lady at the desk was very nice and helpful. Check in was easy and the room was clean. Rooms have a TV and small kitchen. No elevator, but there really aren't that many stairs, so it wasn't an issue. The grab and go breakfast was better than I expected, too. All and all, had a good stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kluthi1934
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels for the money when one is travelling for over a year in business...
One downfall is that there is no elevator for 3 floors..the logistics is that the office/front desk check in area is on the ground level, then there are sets of stairs to the second floor in the lobby..and stairs to the upper and lower levels..very difficult when one has health/senior mobility issues..even for groceries etc...
Over all it was nice, quiet, NO undesirable individuals, the beds all have comfortable sealed coverlets on the boxsprings and mattresses for insects..which are common in even the best places..kitchenette and the bathrooms were very clean..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am very sorry that our hotel does not offer an elevator which made mobility a little more challenging. Still, I am glad that you enjoyed your comfortable, quiet room and found it to be clean overall.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

First room I was given was not cleaned. But they were able to give me a clean room relatively quickly. So not too inconvenient. However, the checkin process altogether probably took 30 minutes. They didn't seem to be prepared for the checkins that day. And the final bill did not reflect a discount I was given in the reservation. So I had to ask for it, which took about another 15 minutes to complete. Also, the assistance at the front desk was minimal. We got down to the lobby with about 5-10 minutes left before breakfast was over. All the food and coffee was gone. Lady at the front desk was sipping on coffee when someone asked if she could make some coffee around 9am. She stated she couldn't help. So the service was definitely lacking here.

Room was adequate, defintely good for the price. I may would stay here again in the future. But I'd certainly look around in hopes of staying at a place with better service. If I stayed here again, it would be reluctantly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that you did not receive quality service. In response to your feedback, I have met with the front desk staff to reiterate proper breakfast and courtesy procedure. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kwh2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Note: Rating is relative to price- this is not the Ritz Carlton
Room rate was inexpensive. Building nondescript. Room was perfectly acceptable with full (small) kitchen, flat screen TV, reasonable bathroom. Check in was no problem. Quiet while we were there. Did not see an elevator. Note- they do not have daily room service (once a week). Also- no toiletries or hair dryer are provide (you can get a few things from the office). Room A/C worked well with continuous fan option (try sleeping in a strange room with the fan cycling on and off and you will appreciate this feature). Grab and go breakfast useful to prevent starvation, otherwise head to the Cracker Barrel.

Room Tip: Ask for asecond floor room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I work for a four star full serivice hotel, and was quite skeptical of a hotel that cost less than 50 dollars a night, but it was football season, and I wasn't trying to pay over 200 a night just to be down town and boy am I glad I choose this hotel! Since I use to live in Knoxville, I knew the location well, and tho skeptical about what i'd get for 50 dollars, I was impressed to find such a cheap price on a big SEC football weekend. I had passed this hotel on many occasions and knew it was in a good part of town and looked decent from the outside. The lobby wasn't bad but I knew we wouldn't be spending a lot of time there since we were only in town for 2 nights. The hallways were a little funky, but again not spending time there, once we got in the room there was no smell, and I loved the hard wood floor! Since I work for a hotel the first thing i check is cleanliness and I was definetely impressed with what I found...or should I say the lack of what I found!! The bed wasn't as comfortable as I would have liked, but a minor detail as it wasn't horrible either! Anyone traveling into town I would def recommend this hotel for the value! I'll defintely be using it as a top choice (even over my own brand!) when coming into town!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends