“Late arrivals”

Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills
Ranked #61 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
“Late arrivals”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Just to warn: the office hours are only from 7am-11pm. We arrived around midnight because the drive took us longer than expected and were treated rudely by the lady we had to wake up to check us in. The hotel is decent, but it's so hard to get past that initial treatment as if we were an interruption for staying there.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Angela B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Angela - We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We are very disappointed that our customer service during check-in did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so we will be retraining our staff to ensure we are always providing quality service to our guests. Please accept our apologies for your experience.

We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at kwh@extendedstay.com. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 23 June 2014

we were given an apartment on the second floor. the smell in that floor, lobby and stairs is horrible.
the sofas in the room were increadbly old and stinky. one became imeadiatly with allergies as soon as one entered the room. the linens and towels were clean but the room was not properly cleaned.
the staff was nice and helpful.

Room Tip: choose a room at the ground floor ( same floor as the landry machines) where it does not smell.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Ok..I booked this hotel in error. I was trying to book the ESA on Langley, but got this one instead. What a mistake, but couldnt get my money back. Oh well.. I'm off to the store to buy TWO bottles of Fabreeze. Good thing I've learned to pack my own pillowcase, towel and washcloth. So I don't have to use theirs. I don't know if I need to sleep under the blanket or on top of it. I have to pray about it. Let me begin with the lobby area. No one in the office, had to call for someone to check me in. I knew when I saw the 1950's check in/out system that they used, that my room would reflect the same period. There isn't an elevator, and of course my room was on the third floor... handicap folks ...BEWARE! The hallway and rooms smelled very dank and old. The chair had a stain. I don't know if it was pop or pee. Probably...pee. The carpet had stains on them in the lobby, hallways and my room. I don't know where the other reviewers stayed. Maybe I got the bad room because I checked in late. Nevertheless, I wouldn't rent this room to my pet. Don't stay here, book at the Langley Place location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PrettyInPink18
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The ESA hotel in East Knoxville is on a quiet side street off main drag Kingston Pike. As most of the guests are there on business, they tend to be quiet themselves, so our stay was relaxing. For convenience, there's a very large shopping mall, West Town, and a Super Target store within walking distance (on sidewalks) of ESA. Kingston Pike takes you into the heart of Knoxville and the UTK campus. The rates are good, and for long-term stays, there's a full kitchen with stove, refrigerator, and microwave.

Room Tip: Be aware, there's no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
John - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a quiet and convenient stay an affordable rate. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with our location and our fully equipped kitchens. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Staff was very helpful and courteous. Room was clean. Bed and pillows comfortable. Well equipped kitchen. Television channel selection was mediocre and base wi-fi is just ok. This is the second year I have stayed at this property and will do so again when in Knoxville. Excellent value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so glad that our staff was helpful to you during visit and that you enjoyed your room. As well, it is great to know that the amenities we had to offer met all of your needs.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Canton GA
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this location... Housekeeping still has a few issues... The smell is considerably better in the hallways... I want to make a special mention of the GSR that was here when we checked in... Her name is Kassie Payne, she was very kind and welcoming, she was able to upgrade from a small to a bigger room with out any problems.... She made us feel as if she had known us her entire life... very comforting being away from home

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here for 2 months whilst relocating to the US. The room was clean, the staff helpful and courteous, and the price for the 2 month rate which they offer was very good value (essentially a short term lease - which was advertised on an apartment website as a studio apartment). The hotel is also right on the downtown bus route which was handy for someone like me who initially did not have a car. Ultimately, this was the perfect choice for someone in my situation and I would have no qualms about staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo