Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Knoxville
Comfort Suites North(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$110
US$138
US$127
US$116
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$99
US$155
HolidayInn.com
US$129
US$120
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooms are smallbagelsroom was cleancheck in was easywould stay here againone night stayfloridainterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2011

First the bad - the halls smell like a college dorm or summer camp cabin, and there are obvious signs of age in the rooms; the counters and sink sag off the walls at angles and "art" has been removed from the walls, leaving gaping holes where wall anchors used to be. Because it is a Microtel, you get the minimum in amenities, only 2 towels, some soap & shampoo; no in-room coffee. But on the plus side the room and bathroom were clean; no hairs or insects anywhere. The bed was comfortable w/nicer sheets (though the bedspread and blanket were older and worn). Breakfast was also minimal, some muffins, bagels, cold cereals & instant oatmeal, but there seemed to be plenty of it. The man at the front desk was extremely courteous and polite as well. Bottom line - if you simply want a clean, safe, comfortable place to crash for the night, they fit the bill.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I was in my room for all of 30 min. Then I see bugs start crawling across the wall. I caught two bed bugs within a five min period after inspecting the walls
I go to get my money back which they say they won't refund. They give me another room which upon inspection has bed bugs too. Still I'm refused a refund. Then they pop it on me that I had been smoking in non smoking room.which I had not. They trying to cheat me out of refund. Do not stay here. Horrible staff. Because I used the room or didn't find the bugs immediately. I didn't know I had to inspect motels now with fine tooth comb.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I was so excited to find the Microtel chain this past summer while visiting Mobile, Alabama, so when I needed to travel to Knoxville, I sought out the chain and made a reservation for two nights. First of all - -not their fault - -you have to go this totally constipated way just to get to the place. It's like you go two miles past it, then through a shopping center parking lot on a one way street that you have to go down the wrong way, over a median, and through the woods....
Then, finally you are there and walking into the lobby was like walking into a college dorm. I am not kidding; it was stuffy, dank, mildewy, and TINY. The guy at the desk was not overly friendly or helpful. The breakfast area was like - well, like a college dorm too! The room was disappointing too...the tv was about a 1985 model and there was no microwave...but there was a frig!! I guess I just got spoiled by the reasonable price, the LARGE clean room and the great breakfast in Mobile and I now know to ask how old the facility is before booking a room at Microtel - cause the older hotels are just not worth the cheaper price.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Good price from the travel book (38). Good room, comfortable bed. OK continental breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Super rude staff, the eminentes were substandard, the cable didn't work, not even the plumbing worked, which in 2 days never was fixed, nor would they move me to another room, because I was paying with CASH!!! Do not stay here

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business