“I wouldn't if I were you...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Knoxville

Smelly
Dirty
Stained
Tiny

We made the boneheaded idea to book this at the last minute. Booked with hotels.com for two full size. Got their, they gave us one bed. Asked the gal at the front, they don't have two full beds. We had to accept two twins, smoking. Twins? Oh my lord. The gal at the front was not mean but she made it clear that our issues with the accommodation were not her problem. The free coffee in the morning? Stay away from it.

Pros:
I will never have to stay there again.

I have stayed at value hotels before, but this is the worst hotel I ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Do not enter
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank savage810
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Knoxville

Reviewed 6 November 2011

All I have to say is WOW. I will never ever ever stay there again. Even if it is free. The one gentleman that was working in the front was great! but the rooms not so much. Discusting! The bathroom reeeeeked of I dont even know what. There was hair all over the shower. Three pillows on the bed? the carpet was all stained. Try to stay away if you can! The room overall resembles a hospital room. It really should be called a MOTEL the kind people go to cheat on their spouses on. DISCUSTING! Stay away!

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Very good hotel for this money. Good room with bathroom and french bed. Frendly staff and free WI-FI. I'm was happy to live in this hotel during month.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2011

First the bad - the halls smell like a college dorm or summer camp cabin, and there are obvious signs of age in the rooms; the counters and sink sag off the walls at angles and "art" has been removed from the walls, leaving gaping holes where wall anchors used to be. Because it is a Microtel, you get the minimum in amenities, only 2 towels, some soap & shampoo; no in-room coffee. But on the plus side the room and bathroom were clean; no hairs or insects anywhere. The bed was comfortable w/nicer sheets (though the bedspread and blanket were older and worn). Breakfast was also minimal, some muffins, bagels, cold cereals & instant oatmeal, but there seemed to be plenty of it. The man at the front desk was extremely courteous and polite as well. Bottom line - if you simply want a clean, safe, comfortable place to crash for the night, they fit the bill.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I was in my room for all of 30 min. Then I see bugs start crawling across the wall. I caught two bed bugs within a five min period after inspecting the walls
I go to get my money back which they say they won't refund. They give me another room which upon inspection has bed bugs too. Still I'm refused a refund. Then they pop it on me that I had been smoking in non smoking room.which I had not. They trying to cheat me out of refund. Do not stay here. Horrible staff. Because I used the room or didn't find the bugs immediately. I didn't know I had to inspect motels now with fine tooth comb.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I was so excited to find the Microtel chain this past summer while visiting Mobile, Alabama, so when I needed to travel to Knoxville, I sought out the chain and made a reservation for two nights. First of all - -not their fault - -you have to go this totally constipated way just to get to the place. It's like you go two miles past it, then through a shopping center parking lot on a one way street that you have to go down the wrong way, over a median, and through the woods....
Then, finally you are there and walking into the lobby was like walking into a college dorm. I am not kidding; it was stuffy, dank, mildewy, and TINY. The guy at the desk was not overly friendly or helpful. The breakfast area was like - well, like a college dorm too! The room was disappointing too...the tv was about a 1985 model and there was no microwave...but there was a frig!! I guess I just got spoiled by the reasonable price, the LARGE clean room and the great breakfast in Mobile and I now know to ask how old the facility is before booking a room at Microtel - cause the older hotels are just not worth the cheaper price.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Good price from the travel book (38). Good room, comfortable bed. OK continental breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple