“Nice Hotel”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Knoxville
Ranked #63 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed one night and it was great. The front desk was very helpful. The room was clean and neat but small but with a big TV. Restaurants were close to hotel. Rooms are small but it is a microtel

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I have stayed here previously on our drive back to Michigan from our Florida vacation. I only gave it 3 stars last time because we left so early we didn't get a chance to enjoy the breakfast. This time we decided to wait for the sun to come up before leaving (learned our lesson after driving through the mountains in the fog last year). Microtel has been very good about checking us in late, we sleep good, and this time we got to enjoy the breakfast before checking out. The food selection is definitely worth an extra star. I had a banana and bagel with coffee. My husband had biscuits and gravy, coffee, orange juice, and a bagel. My husband would have liked a protein item, but overall it was a good way to start our long drive.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This would have been a great place for my stay while looking for an apartment with my young toddler..except for the fact that at 3am the first night I woke up and the toilet had "exploded" from the inside and the smell was worse than what I saw. I notified the front desk 3 times from the morning it happened until 5pm that evening when we returned from an outing. I had to use the lobby toilet of I needed to use the bathroom. At my last complaint I was given a key to another room and told to move. Not a better room..just right next door. Even after enduring the room being filled with a horrid stench that could not be healthy I was offered nothing..not even an apology.My money is very tight and for $65 a night I'd like to be able to breathe and use my bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2013