“OK for the price”

Ranked #63 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Columbus, OH
“OK for the price”
Reviewed 21 July 2004

The Microtel in Knoxville is ok for the price--expect nothing fancy (no pool, etc.). I stayed in non-smoking room 1 night the 2nd week of July 2004. My room was clean and comfortable. The motel is fairly new and appears well-kept. It has a good location off the interstate and near Kingston Pike (a major east/west road with shopping, restaurants, etc.). There are several good places to eat near the motel. If there is one negative, it is the free continental breakfast. It's not much and other hotels that offer a breakfast do better. However I can't complain much. I've stayed at other Microtels and are they are good for the price.

3 Thank booktechie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 March 2004

I stayed at the Microtel in Spring of 2003 when I was looking to relocate to the area. It had everything that I wanted for a business trip (interior corridor, elevator, and most importantly, cheap). I was impressed with the whole Microtel idea. The room was small, but very cozy. There was a small courtyard in the middle of the building that is cool (would recommend for informal business meetings in season), and the staff was friendly. I would not recommend this hotel for families, because this is an older Microtel (older Microtels only have 1 queen bed in all of their guestrooms). However, if you are traveling alone (especially on business) and on a budget, the Microtel is your best bet in West Knoxville!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lebanon, TN
Reviewed 8 June 2003

My wife and I were visiting the Microtel at this location for the second time. It is very close to our reletives houses, so pretty convienent for us. We were well aware of the location and the fact that the beds are hard as a rock. We still stay there however, because its in a good area and that makes up for this little inconveinece. This paticular visit however has a very stinky memory attached! As we had just arrived and checked in all was normal until....... My wife opened the door to our room. Out came a young guy (hotel staff) so fast we were kind of like "did that really happen?" But we thought well he was probably fixing something in the room. Oh no, my wife and I noted the overwhelming smell permeating from the bathroom of which the toilet was still running.The poor boy was like a deer in headlights. He was as shocked seeing us as we were him! Otherwise its ok for the money but, do beware of the allusive pooping staff members (they must eat alot of the complementary bran muffins!)

6 Thank tnrealestatesales

Travellers are raving about these Knoxville hotels