“Fabulous Experience at Maplehurst Inn :)”
Review of Maplehurst Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Knoxville
Maplehurst Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Knoxville B&B and Inns
“Fabulous Experience at Maplehurst Inn :)”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Highly highly recommend Maplehurst Inn!! I recently booked the Inn as a gift for a getaway for a couple. My experience with their staff exceeded every expectation from the first phone call. The staff went above and beyond to make their stay absolutely fabulous linking them to great activities in the community. They LOVED their cozy penthouse suite and fantastic view. I am looking forward to booking the Inn for future gifts as well as enjoying planning a trip for myself. I can't say enough wonderful things at Maplehurst!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We just spent a night in this b&b in Knoxville. On our arrival, last night, a guy seemed pretty clueless about our arrival, and asked us what room we booked, for what price etc. But the disappointment arrived this morning. We asked for breakfast at 8am. Again nobody was there. We knocked at the door of the guy, and despite e was awake (we could here music) he didn't reply. We called a number that was on the door in case of need. a woman answered who said she was late. She arrived at 8.50 with a bag of breakfast from McDonald's asking us if we were fine with it!!!!!!! Se also didn't know how much we were supposed to pay the room. Net: the place is ok but going to a b&b and ending up not having breakfast is despicable!

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Laurinfunzik
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Was in Knoxville for an entomology conference. What turned out to be marathon 4OT 52-49 football game between UT and Mizzou had all downtown hotels walking distance to convention center booked full. Even Maplehurst was booked full for Saturday night; which is why I gave them four stars, as indoor pool and jacuzzi at Comfort Suites 4 miles away by shuttle proved perfect antidote for red-eye flight from LAX. Then Maplehurst was just perfect for my convention center work. The B&B sits just up the hill from the Convention Center, and after a very hearty serve yourself breakfast buffet and coffee I could be at the right room to cover the talks.

As a freelance writer (I did the Unofficial Guide to B&Bs of Southwest way back when; and used to review hotels around the world for Star Service) I am always most intrigued and most eager to investigate the anomalies in the other reviews. Particularly the unlocked front door, which seems to bother some people and as a resident of Los Angeles gave me a double-take. Once I got here it made perfect sense, as a church is across the street and one of the side streets seemed almost like a parking lot for police cars. Though people always advise against walking alone at night, as a guy I take my chances more than if I was a woman. But I could not stay away from the Downtown Bar and Grill, a microbrewery with great $2 pints and meals to match. Four pints a night, no hangovers, and after a good breakfast at Maplehurst I was good to go every morning and take notes on conference talks. Can't say that for every place that I stayed. I think in part it was also having the breakfast fellowship of other conference attendees, ranging from a publisher (always a treat for a freelancer) to computer networking specialists studying how social insects do it.

Ask a writer to write a review, and we go on for way too long. Back to open front door and some reports that it seems like no one is there sometimes. The two managers, who worked at the local Hilton and know the business better than they let on, have a room near the front desk. And sometimes Sonny, the owner and a bit of a Southern character in his own right, is also around. As are other people helping with the work. Being a multi-story house, it might take a minute or two to locate the people who could be busy cleaning a room or in the downstairs kitchen which is remotely tucked away. Indeed, the spiral staircase to the downstairs dining room might be a consideration for extreme mobility problems. I personally would have preferred a fire station type pole to slide down to breakfast in the morning. Much more exhilarating.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We came to Knoxville for work, and wound up with an unexpected wonderful vacation! While the Maplehurst Inn is still evolving interiorley, and is beautiful in its present state, the hospitality is unparalleled. I am an egg snob and the egg breakfast is better than anything I can make. The penthouse suite at $149 a night is unbelievable. Be sure to check out the new restaurant Tupelo Honey and the student discount at the nearby Aveda salon, which with the skylight bath at the B & B turned a work trip into a complete vacation! We can't say enough good things about the Maplehust, Tupelo Honey, or the Aveda Salon experience (request Savannah the student in training). talk to Todd about your reservation and request Robin make your eggs.

Room Tip: Pick the penthouse: 4 rooms in one for a great value!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Sidcup, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We stayed in the Maplehurst Inn for 2 nights as a stop over between Washington and Nashville on a long road trip and it was such a sight for sore eyes. The place is beautifully decorated throughout, including a comfortable lounge area. The location is fantastic, right downtown, about a 10 minute walk from Market Square, and yet it was amazingly quiet and peaceful. Perfect for a good night's sleep. Sonny and Robin were perfect hosts - Sonny offered to pick us up from the Megabus stop, and Robin was there for our every need, as well as cooking amazing fresh breakfasts for us each morning. It was brilliant value for the location and how nice the place was, and I would say that if you are looking to stay in Knoxville, this place should be the first you look at!

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Columbia, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Spent the weekend in Knoxville and stayed at this nice B&B. It was reasonably priced and the staff was very courteous and accommodating. The rates were wonderful for right downtown. We could walk to all the areas we were interested in. We were centrally located for a day of driving in the mountains. It was a fabulous weekend! We had a great time!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My husband and I came to Knoxville for our son's football game. The Maplehurst is located right on campus and is within walking distance to the stadium. We prefer B&Bs over hotels and have stayed in many in the US and Europe. This one is one of my favorites! Every now and then when I travel, I find myself at a B&B or hotel that's so nice, that I don't want to leave to go to a restaurant or go visit the sights. This was one of those places, although we did go to dinner at Calhouns, right on the river, and the football game, both within walking distance.

We stayed in the Penthouse Suite and it was absolutely wonderful. It included a beautifully furnished living room, perfect for relaxing or watching tv. Right off the living room, was a private patio, overlooking the Tennessee River and the stadium. Not to mention the spacious bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and skylight.

Robin, the hostess, greeted us and made us feel right at home. Sonny, the owner, was very hospitable and even offered us free parking during the game, even though we checked out prior to game time. Football parking is $30 so we certainly appreciated this! Folks were tailgating all around so be sure to bring your tail gating supplies and you can do so right out in front. Or you can hang out with the Tennessee fans, which we did, and they were soooo great!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family