“Raisin In the Sun”

Clarence Brown Theatre
Ranked #12 of 201 things to do in Knoxville
Reviewed 3 March 2013

My husband and I attended the opening of "A Raisin in the Sun" at the Clarence Brown Theatre in February 2013. We really enjoyed the show.... but even more we enjoyed all of the people from Knoxville that sat around us. We did some serious people watching! I guess opening night is when all the locals --- especially the board members --- attend the show. The audience was fascinating... if you have forgotten how amazing old southern people can be..... go here on an opening night. You won't be disappointed! :)

1  Thank RoswellLady

Reviewed 2 February 2013

Have seen many plays at Clarence Brown and have not yet seen a production that was not first class. Their location on the University of Tennessee campus makes the theater accessible and parking is available. I have found ticket prices to be reasonable and easily purchased without actually taking a trip to the box office. Current performance is called "Red".

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Everything I have seen has been wonderful! I sometimes forget about it being in Knoxville, but when we go, I remind my husband that we should go more often. The actors are really top notch and the stage settings are incredible.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I've gone to quite a few shows and have never been disappointed. The actors are great, the productions are wonderful, the seats are quite good no matter where you sit. Very professional. Very entertaining. I love it.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Clarence Brown theatre is such a wonderful venue for plays. There is literally not a bad seat in the house. So nice to have this artful place available to us.