“Turn around .. This's motel is like the movie ,The wrong Turn.”

and 1 more site!
Scottish Inns North Knoxville
Ranked #81 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Knox
“Turn around .. This's motel is like the movie ,The wrong Turn.”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Our apartment burnt so we where going to stay here for a couple weeks because we thought the price was good, we'll we paid for a week and we went to our room ,,weekly upstairs , o man we walked in it was he'll, needles laying on sink beer bottles on the bed the room smell like some one lived their for years and not bathed we turned around and got our money back and left,, lot of drugs are going on their... All I can say please look at the room before you pay... Pay the extra $10.00 and go 3 miles down to merchant's dr.. Supper 8 or exc... They have lots of different motels around their.. This motel here should be shut down.. Only thing they do is keep the out side painted to make you think it's half way nice.... But don't take my word for this ,,,stop and check it out....

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Knoxtn33

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This room was ok. Very typical low budget room. I had trouble getting the heat to work right. The room was a room. Just very average, to below average. No extra blankets. Would not stay again if given a choice.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank mx998
Central NC
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I'm 56 and this was the nastiest, most run-down motel room I've ever had to stay in. As soon as we walked in the door it stank like a dive bar at closing time. The curtain rod was half falling off the wall, the carpet was so filthy and covered with old spills I kept my shoes on until I was on the bed. Of course I checked the mattress first thing and it looked bug-free, but the pillows were flat as a pancake. The worst thing in the room was the loveseat. It was covered with stains and grimy. It looked like something that had been left in an alley for a few months. Homeless people and winos wouldn't sit on it. This sounds funny but I am deadly serious. If I had thought any other room there would have been better I would have changed rooms. It was late and we had already paid or we would have left. The walls were scarred and stained and the smoke detector was hanging off the ceiling but good news; the light was flashing! As far as the pool? It looked about 10' x 10' (for real) and after seeing the room I wouldn't have washed my dog in it. The "continental breakfast"? Stale bagels and Little Debbie honey buns. The cream cheese had been sitting there so long it had water in it. I promise you everything I've written here is the gospel truth. The health dept. needs to shut that place down. If CSI ever used any of that Luminol spray and a blacklight the CDC would order it demolished.

Room Tip: don't stay there
Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amelia S
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Scottish Inn has "morning staff" that wakes you up, and will replace towels, change mini trashcan, but that is as good as it gets. There was "blood" on our shower curtain, and they do not clean the floors. I'm curious if they even wash the bedding. I'm about to go for their breakfast curious how that is going to go. The microwave sounds like its going to blow up!!! (They do not give out shampoo or conditioner; only bar soap sort of like jail) our room number on the outside is wrote out in Sharpie?????? The pool is decent goes to 5ft I've stayed three nights 42.67 pernight, I think they should personally tax and all only be charging 30.00 The Tvs are from the early 90s

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank OmfgBrooke
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We stayed one night in a non-smoking room was suppose to be 48 something ended up being a $20 deposit for a non-smoking room so made it $68 something. I called to see why it hasn't been deposited into my bank yet and the clerk told me it could take 30 days. If I had known that I would have paid cash.
I work 2nd shift so when I got there after work my husband and I found what we think was a bed bug. We didn't try to find more and was hoping that wasn't the case.
Don't stay unless you HAVE too!!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Crasar82
Barrington IL
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The $45 a night room ended up being $65 when the added taxes and a not disclosed $10 fee for my 4 lb. Yorkie. No decent restaurants. Stinky room. Go to Motel 6 down the road.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BillieAnn
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Me and my family needed a place to stay temporarily, and found that this place had some of the lowest rates around here, so we booked. We came in and saw a somewhat decent room, but the tub was dirty, the door to the room itself wouldn't open properly, it scraped the carpet and splintered. The floors were creaky, and you could hear every time someone moved around above, below, or beside us. Parking lot was in poor shape, had people regularly running around picking up anything they could and picking out of dumpsters, and I was also bit by what I think was a bedbug, but don't know just yet, but it itches furiously! Breakfast was poor as well, old looking honey-buns, bagels, some stuff to go on it, coffee, milk, and Sunny-D. Only upside is that housekeeping was sort of nice.

Do not stay here, only as a last resort!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Brett C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knoxville
Comfort Inn Powell - Knoxville North
#47 of 87 in Knoxville
Motel 6 Knoxville North
Motel 6 Knoxville North
#61 of 87 in Knoxville

Been to Scottish Inns North Knoxville? Share your experiences!