“Small but a few gems.”

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Small but a few gems.”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I love art. Love it, love it, love it. I was with my family and some friends at a nearby playground when my son said he needed to use the bathroom, our friend (a local) told us the nearest bathrooms were at the museum across the street. While he was in the bathroom I picked up the museum brochure/floor plan and was intrigued. So after my son was safely back at the playground, I came back to the museum and checked it out. It only really took about a half hour to see everything the museum has. I am not interested in miniatures/dollhouse tableaux-type things, but if you are there was a room dedicated to that. I enjoyed the main gallery upstairs. There were only a few artists I recognized, and a few others that appealed to me as well, but to me, that makes a visit worth it. The Evan Penny "back" was grotesque and fascinating all at once--the highlight for me.

Visited August 2014

Pavo
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Completely Free”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The museum had all mediums on display- oils, metals, silicone etc.
The ground floor has a hospice quilt room that was especially touching. Got a little teary eyed when I realized that it was memorial blankets.
The rest of the museum was standard museum items. I'm not into really abstract art but it was all beautiful in strange and different ways.
Admission was free and the staff was welcoming.

Visited August 2014
Big bay mi
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful contemporary museum, free admission!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The modern building has recently been refreshed inside & out with the addition of the new North Garden & the gigantic & spectacular Richard Jolly Glass Exhibit. The Museum has a good flow of interesting temporary exhibits as well as a continual reworking of its growing collection. Sign up for information on their schedule of popular events. AND ITS ALL FREE!

Visited June 2014
ks
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Diversified exhibits and interesting art in each”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The museum provides a diversity of exhibits, and there was interesting art to be found in each one. it was nice to see area art included.

Visited July 2014
Maryland
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great Place to go & see some Cool Stuff & IT'S FREE!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great Place to go & see some Cool Stuff & IT'S FREE! We will go back because some of the ART changes while other parts stay. It's not just boring paintings. They have some really COOL stuff but they also have some of the boring paintings if you are in to it. Over all the place is kid friendly but some of the "ART" is PG 13 like the Circle of Life down stairs. You can still go just avoid spending to much time looking at that one. A very young one will not get it but the 9-11 will. I Loved the room with the stuff that you look at & think how did they do that. Its worth going to see for sure. They also have a kids section to play ect

Visited July 2014