“Great...a Real Treat”

Ranked #5 of 201 things to do in Knoxville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fun on the outside and serious about animals on the inside, Zoo Knoxville is committed to giving our guests an unforgettable experience.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 17 July 2014

A great zoo and compares well with the bigger and more expensive ones. The day we went everying was exception and wonderfully clean. I was concerned with the bathrooms because I have several small children. But these were wonderful. The staff was great. I am proud to have visited and we will go again.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Definitely one of the best zoo's in the U.S. to visit.....lots of animals, great layout....many things to do and see inside and also great for any age.

1  Thank M G
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was VERY disappointed when I took out of town guests to the zoo yesterday. It was very expensive compared to other ( and better) zoos I've been to ; plus , you had to pay $5.00 to park. The zoo is very confusing to get around, even using the map. Any animal behind glass was hard to see as the glass was scratched and filthy and although it is a smaller zoo , the variety and number of animals to see wasn't great. I paid $3.00 for an order of onion rings and only got 3! The ONLY thing I really felt this zoo has going for it was the kids area and the splash pad , but I had no kids with me !

2  Thank kimjon2162
Reviewed 17 July 2014

First off, if you're worried about your child being able to see certain animals.... PICK THEM UP and let them see! I'm not sure how that's really a complaint... some things my 2 year old IN A STROLLER couldn't see, so we picked her up and showed her. No big deal.
The zoo isn't "tiny" by any means. Granted it's not HUGE... but it was plenty big for us. We had a blast. The kids absolutely loved it. Some of the animals were hiding (it was about to rain) but overall it was great.
It started to rain after we had been there for about 2 hours. By that time we were almost ready to leave anyways. But they gave us a rain check for all 4 of us so we could come back in the next year for free. The military discount is great as well. There are places to get drinks and food throughout the zoo. Everything was very well kept and clean.

2  Thank KatieBentley
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Was going from Chattanooga to asheville and wanted something half way to break up trip for 4 year old grandson. Was smaller, and more expensive than the NC zoo in Asheboro. So many were more like cages and less like natural habitats. Not what we expected for the price. To many extra charges once you were inside $5 to have your picture taken with a giraffe, no thanks. Upside the weather was perfect.

3  Thank belinda a