“First rate experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Inglis,Florida
“First rate experience”
Reviewed 6 January 2008

This was a first rate experience for three days. The inn was spotless, the staff was excellent, and the breakfast selection was above what one would normally expect. Overall, this was my best hotel stay in many years. I would recommend it both to business folks and families looking for a quality stay.

• Liked — Staff and breakfast.
  • Disliked — No problems with this stay.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2007

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn West Knoxville during a recent visit to family members in Knoxville. While I frequently visit Knoxville, this was my first stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. I chose this location rather than my usual choice - the nearby Hampton Inn - because I was able to get a better rate.

I was very pleased with the room. A large group associated with a youth baseball tournament was staying at the hotel (and running all around in the evening) and the hotel is adjacent to I-75. With the fan running in the room, I never heard any outside sound - and very little even with the fan off. This is not what I've come to expect at hotels near freeways. Note that I did request a room away from the freeway, and mine was one of the further ones away (room #241).

There were no mechanical problems in the room - the first time in my last four hotel stays I can make this statement.

I was not real impressed with the breakfast selection, service or setup. Compared to another Hilton Garden Inn I have reviewed (Franklin Square, Washington DC), the breakfast experience was not as good, and I ate elsewhere two of the three mornings.

I was surprised no Friday morning newspaper was delivered to the door.

The location is good, but a bit congested. You'll have a hard time turning left onto North Peters Road during the middle of any day. Expect to wait two or three lights to get through the Cedar Bluff intersection. That said, any hotel around the Cedar Bluff exit off I-75 / I-40 is going to have similar problems.

• Liked — Quietness of the rooms
  • Disliked — Breakfast experience; location off North Peters Road
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank jbtexas
Tennessee
Reviewed 5 November 2006

While in town to visit my son at UT, I opted to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Cedar Bluff. Mediocre is the best I can describe it for their prices ($139). I could have stayed at the nearby Holiday Inn and at least enjoyed a restaurant and lounge on site (which I've stayed at before and will be returning to!) The Hilton Garden makes me think of a slightly upgraded Hampton, Holiday Inn Express, or Fairfield. They're limited service with a fancy name!

• Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank hectormoses
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 June 2006

I am a Hilton Honors member so I try to stay with Hilton brand hotels. This last stay, I opted for a hotel in West Knoxville - the Hilton Garden Inn near Cedar Bluff.
Where can I start? The front desk checked me into a room with 2 beds (I booked a king bed), and not only did it have 2 beds, but it was filthy. As I walked into the bathroom, I immediately noticed hairs in the sink and around the tub. I turned on the lamp but it didn't turn on because there was no lightbulb in it. I took my luggage back downstairs and let them know at the front. The front desk clerk laughed when I told him what I had found. I didn't get any sort of apology from him. He then put me in a king bedroom, so I went up and opened the door, and there was a couple in the room! I could not believe my eyes. I had to go BACK downstairs, check in to another room (still didn't get an apology), and that room was okay. However, there were stains on the sheets when I tried to get in bed. Housekeeping brought new sheets, but brought them to me folded and didn't offer to put them on for me. After changing my own sheets, I went to bed. The wakeup call that I asked for earlier that evening did not happen, and I missed my interview that I came to Knoxville for. The manager did not offer any adjustment to my stay for all the problems I received. Needless to say, I will not stay at this hotel again. Overall, very poor service and unorganized staff.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 22 June 2006

I travel for business quite frequently and have recently become a fan of the Hilton Garden Inns due to their consistency and cleanliness. This particular property ranks up there with the very best of any hotel I've stayed at for business. The staff is extremely friendly which is nice. The rooms are spotless and comfortable. The indoor heated (ahhh!) pool was on par for cleanliness (without the overkill of chemicals) with a RitzCarlton pool. There are several dinner options within walking distance which is convenient. When traveling to Knoxville in the future, I will only stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank CharlotteLdy
Franklin, TN
Reviewed 17 February 2006

As a weekly business traveller, one of the things you look for is consistancy. This is what you get with the HGI hotel brand. The Knoxville HGI is no different. Property is relatively new, about 2 years old, and is well kept. Business center w/2 computers w/high speed internet access, printer w/remote printing from guest room, copier/fax machine. Weight room with treadmills, stationary bike, weights, and workout equipment. All kept in very good condition. Indoor pool, outdoor hot tub. Lobby is well decorated, pantry pavillion well stocked. Rooms are standard HGI rooms, clean, approx. 60 cable channels, both wired (cable provided) and wireless high speed internet. Couple of restaurants within walking distance, Outback Steakhouse, Peerless Steaks, Carrabas Italian, Parkside Grille.
Continental/Buffet breakfast in the morning. Wide variety of options, food is always excellent. Managers reception on Wednesday nights, assortment of beers and appetizers, sometimes supplied by local restaurants.
Hotel can be a little hard to find, as there is no signage off main road (issues w/city, I have been told).
As far as the facility, what you would expect from HGI. Now, what set's this one apart from all the rest...the staff!!! From everyone behind the front desk, to sales, F&B, housekeeping, management, and anyone else I may have missed. Everyone always seems to be in a good mood. If you are there enough, they will know you by name. They go up and above what is necessary to take care of their guests. At a recent meeting I held there, any request I made, even if on the fly, was accomodated with only having to ask once. The people take the time to get to know you, and treat you with the respect you should get, not only as a customer, but as a friend.
As long as I travel to Knoxville, I will be an HGI guest. Loyalty must be earned, and this HGI earns it every day.

4 Thank volrichard
Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2005

Can't seem to go wrong with a Hilton Garden Inn. Clean, spacious rooms. Nice buffet breakfast. Only problem - scheduled a wake up call...never came. Hotel did contact me regarding the problem. Good customer service.

3 Thank dw4879