“Good Rooms & Facilities”

Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville West/Cedar Bluff
Ranked #6 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed here after our B&B overbooked us. It's on the edge of town, but close to a lot of restaurants. Nice rooms, good beds, pool, hot tub.... Staff were OK, but not super. No b,bugs in my room. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I'm a frequent business traveler and am a Gold Status Hilton Honors Member, needless to say... I LOVE HILTON BRANDS. I frequently choose to stay at Hilton Garden Inn's because of the convenience. Upon Check-in, the staff was courteous and friendly. The fourth floor were I stayed wreaked of cigarette smoke but I didint smell it at all in my room. My overnight stay was ok, however I noticed about twenty red bumps on my legs when I showered the next morning. Once I arrived at a nearby hospital to work, I noticed the bumps were huge and terribly itchy. I asked a physician at hospital what type of rash this was who then asked me where did I stay the previous night because they appeared to be BED BUG BITES!!!!!! I immediately called the hotel and told them there were BED BUGS in the room I was staying in and demanded to speak with the Manager. The receptionist that answered the phone was not at all surprised and just asked if I would like another room. No apology, just do I want another room. Needless to say, I'm livid, feel disgusting and I'm not staying another night!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank Shana J
HGIKnoxville, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville West/Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We are very concerned with the issue at hand and have taken the necessary steps to make sure all our guests have a safe and relaxing stay. We immediately contacted Ecolab (a leader in pest control) to inspect the guestrooms. Their inspection showed No Signs of Bed Begs. While we understand your concerns we stand by our pest control company and their results from the inspection. Again, Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

If passing through or for a great place to stay...This is it. It is located outside downtown Knoxville, which means it is very quiet. This Hilton as most is very clean, comfortable and correct. Features include an adjustable bed....yes....u can adjust the firmness of your bed. I had never noticed this in a Hilton, so I can't say that it is new, but I can say I have never noticed this feature. Makes for a great night sleep. The breakfast bar u pay but it is good. Coffee and fruit is free. Business center is stocked and private, staff is friendly and accomodating. Wonderful stay!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor on a Friday night, two doors off elevator....room was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in Knoxville.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I really wanted to like this hotel. I stay at Hilton Garden Inns a lot and I enjoy the chain.
We got 2 rooms..both were clean and the beds were comfortable. My problem started when I asked for 2 quiet rooms. They gave us 2 rooms next to a "wine and smoking" deck of some sort. I called it the "party patio". There were people out there at all hours making lots of noise. The entry door onto the deck sounds like a steel door opening and closing. I feel like the people on this deck were just rude. I called the front desk to complain and so did my friend in her room . The person on duty came and spoke to them and it seemed to help..for a while...this was 1230am. The family that was out there had young children (1-2 years old) running and screaming on the deck, then down the halls. I know the hotel can't control who they rent to, but I don't feel the party party should be open all night or at least move it to where it's not next to and across from rooms. We were staying there for a funeral and needed to be up early in the morning. It was a horrible night. We complained the next day to a very nice desk agent who resolved the issue to our satisfaction. I would not hesitate staying here again, I would just ask to be away from the all night party patio.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Maryalamb
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Nice property and excellent staff. From check in to departure the staff was so friendly. I wish I could remember the nice ladies name at breakfast who was assisting as she thanked me over and over again for staying and made a point to say if I was ever in the area again to please visit with them again. Additionally, the chef at breakfast was equally accommodating telling me numerous times that if we wanted anything cooked fresh to order that was what he was there for!!! Only downside and the reason I didn't rate it as top was there was no external pool. We had gotten there early, while in town for a wedding, and was hoping to find some pool relaxation. No big deal as I'm sure the indoor facilities are nice for the winter months!!!!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed here for a quick overnight when driving from Florida to New York. I arrived late and left very early. It is an average hotel. I was exhausted from driving and every hotel at that exit was booked solid. The first room they gave me had several spiders in the bathtub so I asked to be moved. The girl at the front desk (her name was Tiara) she was very nice, she apologized profusley, and she moved me to the room next door. she followed me down to the former room to investigate the spiders and was surprised there were so many, including some nice sized webs. If I wasn't so exhausted, I probably would have checked out of the hotel due to the shoddy housekeeping but I stayed so I could get 5 hours sleep and left early. The pillows were pretty hard.... I wouldn't stay here again with so many other hotel options at this Interstate 75/40 exit.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 2ChildrenOfTheWorld
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I came to Knoxville for a business seminar. The hotel was chosen by my company for a special rate. I am new to the area so I had a little trouble finding the hotel but was helped out by the GPS application on my smart phone.
Check in went well, friendly, professional and efficient. My room was large and clean.
The bathroom was fine and looked recently updated. I had plenty of hot water for my shower and lots of clean towels. The carpet by the bathroom door was frayed and looks to need replacing because of this but the carpet in general seemed clean to me.
There was a flat screen TV. two phones, a desk, a chair with an ottoman, mini fridge, coffee maker, iron and ironing board. On the large king sized bed was an adjustable mattress meaning one can adjust the degree of firmness. I of course experimented but did not notice personally a difference in the mattress.
For an additional charge, breakfast is served downstairs in a room adjacent to the lobby. It is buffet style and was typical with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage (links AND patties) biscuits and gravy, fruit, pastries, juice, coffee etc. There was a sign that stated 'eggs cooked to order' but the exact mechanism to get the eggs cooked to order was not relayed to me by anyone, including my server, so in the interest of saving time, I just had the scrambled eggs. No doubt my server would have gladly arranged for eggs cooked to order. Service was excellent by all I encountered at this hotel.
My only complaint and it seems to be the way it is in most hotels is that I wish there was brighter lighting in the room. It would be great if there was some overhead BRIGHT light as the lamps do not really provide good light for reading.
All in all it was a very nice stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Knoxville.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business