“STAY AWAY!!!!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville West/Cedar Bluff
Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We have just returned from a combination business trip that included taking some of my largest customers to a UT football game. I booked 2 rooms with 2 beds for the 4 of us on the Hilton website. When we arrived we were told that there was construction taking place, and that they could not honor our confirmed reservation, but would have to put us in 2 king rooms,,,Yes, that is 2 businessmen to the bed. We are not that close....After speaking with the front desk, manager on call, and asking him to call the manager, nothing was done except for them to confirm that there were additional king rooms empty, that they would charge us an additonal $89per room for their mistake. Yes, that was in addition to the $139 per room rate we were paying on the first 2. Everyone expects to be treated right when a mix up has occurred, and the management of this place did not try to do anything to help the situation. There are many nice hotels in this area, and I will STAY AWAY, and hope you will also.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank rickoshay1us

Reviewed 13 September 2009

great stay, good garden inn, internet wifi is suspect.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2008

While passing through Knoxville on our way home to Ohio my family stopped in at the Hilton Garden Inn for a night. We often stay at Hampton Inns so I was curious as to what the upgrades would be here. The sheets on the beds were great, but we couldn't get the dials on the mattress to adjust to our comfort level. The Neutrogena toiletries were also nice. And I was happy to find that there was no mildew on the caulk in the bathtub. This is a standard I measure good hotels by and this is the first time in a long time I have encountered a clean bathroom.
We all enjoyed the small indoor pool. Our only complaint is that breakfast was not included in the price and that the curtains in our room could not come together. With very bright lights just outside our window, it was like sleeping under a spotlight all night long. Overall, if we come across a Hilton Garden Inn we might stop, or we might continue on to a Hampton for the cheaper price and free breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2008

We stayed here recently for a family reunion in Canton, NC.
We were very impressed with the staff of the Hilton. They were very polite and helpful with all questions. The hot breakfast served there in the hotel was very good and well prepared. The breakfast hostess with polite and helpful. We enjoyed everything except the bed. Although there is much time and advertisement spent on the "new Sleep Beds". Both couples found them to be uncomfortable and not at all as advertised.
They were hard and not soft even with the dial was put to the softest level. The pillows were nice but since the bed was so hard, both couples didn't get much sleep. Otherwise, it was very clean and the staff was kind and courteous.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 5 April 2008

This is a typical Hilton Garden Hotel. Clean, comfortable room, good bed. I do have some reservations in that this particular facility is a little dirtier than the others and the small bar area is only open some nights. When the bar is not open, one must purchase wine and beer from the front desk at very high prices.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 January 2008

This was a first rate experience for three days. The inn was spotless, the staff was excellent, and the breakfast selection was above what one would normally expect. Overall, this was my best hotel stay in many years. I would recommend it both to business folks and families looking for a quality stay.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 4 July 2007

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn West Knoxville during a recent visit to family members in Knoxville. While I frequently visit Knoxville, this was my first stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. I chose this location rather than my usual choice - the nearby Hampton Inn - because I was able to get a better rate.

I was very pleased with the room. A large group associated with a youth baseball tournament was staying at the hotel (and running all around in the evening) and the hotel is adjacent to I-75. With the fan running in the room, I never heard any outside sound - and very little even with the fan off. This is not what I've come to expect at hotels near freeways. Note that I did request a room away from the freeway, and mine was one of the further ones away (room #241).

There were no mechanical problems in the room - the first time in my last four hotel stays I can make this statement.

I was not real impressed with the breakfast selection, service or setup. Compared to another Hilton Garden Inn I have reviewed (Franklin Square, Washington DC), the breakfast experience was not as good, and I ate elsewhere two of the three mornings.

I was surprised no Friday morning newspaper was delivered to the door.

The location is good, but a bit congested. You'll have a hard time turning left onto North Peters Road during the middle of any day. Expect to wait two or three lights to get through the Cedar Bluff intersection. That said, any hotel around the Cedar Bluff exit off I-75 / I-40 is going to have similar problems.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo