“Originally from Tampa Bay Area, and Niro's has the better Gyro!”
Review of Niros Gyros

Niros Gyros
Ranked #236 of 1,207 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$7 - US$9
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Okay live in FL over 20 years, was list without our ability to get a great Gyro until we found this place. Tucked away in the college district it's worth driving to and dealing with a bit of downtown. Parking is a little to be desired but never had an issue. My husband is from outskirts of Chicago and he claims they compete with the best from there. And on a good night, Niro's beats the best. Open late, and very pleasant staff.

2  Thank SmokyMtnLocal

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband ordered two gyros for us. Both chicken. Good lord it was wonderful. We both wanted another one. The delivery driver was very sweet and friendly. Good price for great food. : - )

4  Thank rozzu
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Who knew you could get gyro meat to go! Usually we eat there and then get a triple to take home but the young lady at the register explained that we could order a pan of it to take home and it makes 4-5 gyros. Well yeah! We live a good 40 min from Niros and can't get there often enough. This is a perfect option for us. We froze some...and heated it up when we needed. Tasted just as good! Great service, great owner and great food. Can't get much better!

2  Thank tracylynh
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great Chicago style subs and dogs! Must try the gyro and add feta! Very good!! One of our favorite places to eat and worth the drive to the strip! Locally owned and operated. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Back in the 90s, I ate authentic gyros in both Greece and France (what I ate was called "smashed sandwiches in France because the seasoned fries were placed inside and all smashed in a sandwich press). Ever since then, I have wanted to relive those experiences, but the few gyros experiences I have had since then have fallen short. Yet, Niro's Gyros never really disappoints, and the first time I ate a lamb gyro there I felt like I had returned to the past in both Greece and France. They are the real deal, and we love eating there. My wife gets the chicken gryo and loves it. They are kid friendly as well. The lady named "Valerie," or "Val," is extra special. She is so sweet and kind and helpful. We love their new location on Cumberland. It's clean and bright and well decorated. We have been to two cities recently where two different establishments brag about their gyros, and those locations are a JOKE compared to Niro's Gyros. Niro's Gyros' sauce is perfect, and pretty much everyone working there appears to be Greek, or from somewhere originally that knows what a gyro is supposed to be like. When an establishment gets it wrong, I call them on it, but when they get it right, I give credit where credit is due. Niro's Gyros deserves my thumbs up!

3  Thank Gordon R