Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville West
Ranked #43 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel several times mostly because they are one of the ffew hotels in the area that accepts dogs. Upon checking into the room we found it extremely dirty with pubic hair on the toilet seat and many stains on the carpet. When we informed them of this they said simply "what do you expect when you travel with a pet". The worse part is that they charged by debit card and I wanted to pay by cash which I did. They said this was no big deal and they would reverse charges. It has been nearly a month and the money has still not be returned to my account and my bank has contacted them to no available. Last week they agreed to the charge and said they would return the money on Wed and said the money would be in my account by Friday well it is Monday again the money has not be returned. I am not sure of my next step but I am not afraid of taking this to the internet.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 181744Steve
Sam P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I want to apologize about the condition of the room at check-in as well as the response from our guest service agent. We have a very professional and courteous staff as you can see by the other reviews so I find it very unusual that they would have given you a response like you received, I sincerely apologize that this happened.

I also apologize about the debt card transaction. As you may know that hotels, gas station, etc all authorize the payment on the debit card which typically gets released after 7-14 days depending on the bank if you pay cash or change payments at checkout. In your situation, we contacted the card processor and they stated that some banks go as far as 30 days so I believe this may have been the case for your bank. In addition, your bank was a Canadian bank so I believe there may have been a lag due to this as well. With a debit card authorization, those funds are never deposited into our account so we never had the money thus could not return those funds. The funds were basically being held up by the banks which we had no control over. I know it was frustrating on your side and we were just as frustrated trying to fix this issue for you since we were relying on credit card processors and banks that are not affiliated with us.

I hope that we see you again in the near future so that we have the opportunity to receive a 5 star rating the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

The check in was fast. The staff were very friendly and kind. The rooms had high ceiling, superb comfortable beds. The rooms were clean and nice. Fast wifi, Great accommodations, The free hot breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer A
Sam P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our Country Inn Knoxville. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward in serving you again in the near future.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 27 April 2013

This hotel is located just north of a 1 mile long enclave of restaurants and stores, in all price ranges. So many choices!

We were pleased to find that even the basic guestroom includes a micro/fridge, good room lighting for reading, and windows that open for ventilation. Although the lobby looks homey, the room décor doesn't fit the "country" name: gold, browns, rust, and tan in geometrics and stripes with not a pretty floral print in sight. The comforter is too heavy for warm weather; we located a lighter blanket in the closet, but there was no place to stow the bulky comforter, so we shifted it between the chair or bed -- whichever we weren't using at the time. The housekeeping was noticeably hit and miss in the bathroom, and I would use Kleenex to scoop up the hair on the tile floor, especially behind the door where they didn't seem to clean.

The breakfast was the best of the 4 hotels we stayed in during our trip, always some kind of eggs + meat (usually sausage, although I thought chicken patties one morning was a bit odd choice), plus 2 waffle irons, Danish, cereal, mixed fruit, etc. It's a pleasure to eat breakfast on real plates, using real silverware, real coffee mugs instead of the disposable stuff everyone else uses. When I commented to the front desk about the repetitive nature of Fox news on the TV in the breakfast room, the clerk informed me that it is a corporate requirement that they show this channel in the morning.

The lobby has coffee always available, also wrapped apples and granola bars to take away, and a lending library. Late afternoon the yummy soft oatmeal raisin cookies appear.

The only problem we encountered was that our room key wouldn't remain functional. During our 6 night stay we had to visit the desk several times to have our cards re-keyed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Sam P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

I want to thank you for your detailed review for our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your kind words. We always want our guests to feel at home here at the Country Inn & Suites Knoxville.

Our goal is to provide the highest level of service possible with a great value and we will take back your comments to be even better.

Thank You for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay!!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stopped at this hotel on the way down to Florida, and liked it so much we stopped on the way back also. First visit had a double queen room, 2nd visit got the last room available which was a King jacuzzzi room. Matthew, the front desk clerk, was very helpful, as the room was only set up to sleep 2 people, but we had our 16 year old daughter with us. He found us a mattress pad, extra blankets and pillows, so she could set up a little sleeping area on the floor. Room and overall hotel were very clean. Bed(s) were quite comfortable. Breakfast was more than adequate, with hot entrees as well as cold. Overall, everyone went out of their way during Spring Break to accomodate all the travelers there. Nice pool area, although did not have the time to take advantage of this. Only negative was that the jacuzzi tub jets were not very strong.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Sam P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and for your multiple stays. Guest feedback is a vital part of our success and I am happy that your stay with us was great. We thank you for choosing our hotel and hope to see you back soon when you travel through Knoxville!

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Traveling with children is not an easy task but Country Inn and Suites usually will go above and beyond to cater to families and because of this we map out our trip on their Carlson app locating them along the way! This trip we will have stayed at three- however this one in Knoxville on Campbell Station was not up to par. Just small things- and I will not go into it all- but first it took three tries to get through- the operator put me on hold for awhile - I get that but then she tried to pick up and it hung up- maybe not her fault - anyway I called back waiting because apperantly she was busy but it just rang- she finally picked up on the third try- now I write this for future reference - if u r looking for a room with a door separating u from the young children u should ask her/him if the room has a door- because when I asked for the suite with a king and a pull out we walked into a big open room with a king bed and a sofa pull out- now this I though was the room called a studio with a king and a pull out sofa bed- my fault here - I should have asked - if she had said we don't have what I was asking for we would have gone down the road to the next one-I said I didn't want just a big room- I forgot to say" a door" - now as far as the price - it was the same as the room with a door and living room area- we were not happy about that- then we go for the breakfast - cereal was limited - they had powered donuts which the kids liked - and the waffle maker was good though I only got one because the machine for the batter emptied out and took them 20 mins it felt like before they brought it back and we were done at that point- they served eggs with something folded in it like tomatoes and the kids would not eat this!! Sausage and potato- which were good but again not kid friendly- so at check out we would have said something however the receptionist informed us she was new so this wouldn't have gone very far- we asked her to apply our points on our rewards card and she couldn't and asked us to do it online - ok again not her fault- just not customer oriented - we will say at another country inn and suites because they are usually family friendly but just disappointed in this stay-

• Stayed: April 2013
Sam P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review for your hotel. I would like to apologize for your experience and can assure you that we take your comments seriously and will make sure that we do a better job training our new staff.

The suite that your family should have been sold was our 1 bedroom suite, that suite has a separate bedroom and living room, as you stated our studio is a larger room with a partial divider and sofa bed.

We do offer some kid friendly perks at our hotel including homemade chocolate chip cookies and a separate kiddie pool but agree that we could offer more items on our breakfast that are kid friendly.

Again, I apologize and I hope we have the chance in serving you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Rooms were nice size, clean & comfortable. Breakfast was quite diverse & good quality, with friendly staff ready to assist. Housekeeping staff were also accommodating with simple requests. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the side away from I-40 for a quieter night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Sam P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent visit with us!

It is always our hope that our guests feel right at home staying at our Country Inn & Suites Knoxville West. We hope that when traveling through Knoxville, you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Crystal checked us in quickly and gave us a choice as to which floor we wanted to have our room on. We stayed on the first floor and the room seemed rather boxy with the 14 foot ceiling. It was clean and decently decorated though. The beds were very comfortable and the 'chicklet pillows' were good.

The breakfast was good with a good selection and plenty of choices.

All in all we would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am happy our room and breakfast met all your needs during your stay. It is always great to hear from our guests, I'll definitely share your feedback with our team members.