“Great stay as usual”

Ranked #43 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Bartlett, Tennessee
“Great stay as usual”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We have stayed here several times visiting our kids in Knoxville. Staff is always friendly and does its best to make us feel at home. It has always been quite and is near shopping and places to eat.Rooms are neat and clean. We try and stay here whenever we come for a visit. Also the breakfast is always good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Sam P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville West, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for the review of our Country Inn & Suites Knoxville, we love to hear guests choose to visit us again and again. I am happy you are one of those many who return often and find the property more like home than a hotel. Our team of wonderful people do their very best to ensure every single guest is satisfied and wants to return. We look forward to the next time you are back in Knoxville!

Sam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hindman, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I booked via priceline, my room keys were ready when I arrived, and it took less than 30 seconds at the front desk -- good service! The front desk staff also explained about services available -- pool, breakfast, and was giving directions to my room while I was checking in. The parking area was well lighted and the room keys worked without any problems! The entire room was clean and well equipped. (Bed was clean and comfortable - Bathroom was clean - Towels were clean). There was also no odor in the room, the heating / air unit worked, and the shower worked. There were no blown light bulbs, the TV worked very well and there was a good selection of channels. Breakfast was a "very positive experience". The entire area was very clean. Cereals (were not cheap generics) and were quality brand name products in individual packages instead of being in dispensers that every guest (hands washed or not) touches. Apples were wrapped in plastic (a real positive to prevent them from being handled by persons sorting through them). Juice was real (not tang), several versions of coffee were available, and there was a good selection of hot breakfast foods. We found the room very comfortable and the spa bath worked. I WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND THIS LODGING TO OTHERS. MOREOVER, I TRAVEL OFTEN AND THE PRICE FOR THIS KING SUIT / SPA BATH WAS NOT EXCESSIVE AND THE ROOM WAS BETTER THAN SOME PLACES I HAVE STAYED AT THAT COST QUITE A BIT MORE.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your nice detailed review of our Country Inn & Suites Knoxville! I'm happy we were able to provide you with our great service, numerous amenities, great hot breakfast and nice clean rooms. We sincerely appreciate all your kind words and recommendation to other travelers and hope to see you again soon.

London, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

We are a family of 5 and it is hard to find a hotel that can accommodate us in one room. We love this hotel, same layout as Embassy Suits, perfect for us. Staff has been amazing. Kids love the pool. We can't wait to see what breakfast is like. Should be good!!!

Stayed March 2014
Thanks for taking the time on your nice review. We love to hear from our guests and I'm happy we were able to provide you and your family a great stay. I agree, our suites are one of my favorite room types since they have a separate living room and bedroom, microwave/refrigerator, two 37" LCD TV's and much more, makes you feel like your at a home rather than a hotel.

We look forward in serving you again when traveling through Knoxville!
Hermitage
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel. I stay here often when working in the Knoxville area. I am always treated great. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help. The rooms are quite and I have never had a problem with noise. They are in a very good location that is close to many places to eat. After a previous stay I had requested something for breakfast. They remembered this visit and had it for me. That was a very nice touch. I would recommend this hotel for any type of travel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sam P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville West, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
We sincerely thank you for your repeat business and for taking the time out of your day to write a review on our Country Inn & Suites Knoxville. I'm happy we were able to provide you with our great customer service and we look forward in seeing you again very soon!

Lenoir City, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 January 2014

took a 7 year old child...too enjoy Hot tub and pool ....along with my husband that had shoulder surgery about 5 months a go...wanted to get into hot tub also ..everything was GREAT until the next room ..was occupied they were hollowing and screaming laughing ..so loud we could not sleep.....husband wanted to call front desk...BUT I said NO u never no what they might DO...(people are mean just watch the news) when daylight came BEER CANS ALL around my Vehicle ...also broken beer bottles .all around vehicle ..so when we check out front desk told us to talk to motel mgr . took me 2 days to get to talk to her to hear well u didn't call to complain.... so they would not do anything .. front desk also told me they(the other room had also broke the head boards to the beds OFF the wall . and messed up room really bad along with hot tub full of beer cans and cigarette butts that had been smoked ..But that's ok ..a hard lesson learned I guess my money for a sleep less night ...get to help pay for the party ROOM........to be repaired ...again thought this was a family place ...so because we chose to keep our family safe ....ITS JUST TO BAD ...WELL ITS JUST TO BAD WE WON'T BE STAYING THERE AGAIN......

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Belinda P
Sam P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville West, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time for your review and I want to start off by sincerely apologizing for the problem you had during your stay. Unfortunately if you had called the front desk we could have stopped the noise right away. I understand your hesitation on calling but we could have discretely called the noisy room without any indication the complaint came from your room. On our defense it's really hard to fix a problem if we are not aware of it until checkout. We are a family friendly, business hotel and do not condone the type of behavior in your neighboring room.

The reason we could not refund any money to your account was due to your booking coming through a 3rd party. That 3rd party collects your payment and then sends us a virtual credit card that is different than the one you used to book the room. If you had booked directly with us, through our 800#, or through countryinns.com we could do more right away. That being said, we did contact the 3rd party on your behalf and tried to get a refund for you and they did a 50% refund on what they charged you.

Again my sincere apologies and I hope we have a chance to earn your business again.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My husband and I always enjoy staying at the Country Inn and Suites motels. But this trip we were returning from Florida with our two cats in tow. So, we needed a pet-friendly motel. We were charged $15.00 total for the two the previous night at a Country Inn and Suites, but at this one, they charged $25.00 PER cat!! We could have boarded them at a pet clinic for less and they would have had 100% care!!! I wish Country Inn and Suites would charge a standard fee---like the $15.00 for any pets! Our cats are so clean and quiet you wouldn't even know they were in the room!! I understand there can be very destructive dogs and barking dogs--but our cats are CATS and they are quiet and clean!! Other than the high cost, we liked our stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sam P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville West, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thanks for taking the time for your review. I apologize on the fee for accepting pets, but unfortunately our pet fee is the same for any type of pet - cat or dog. We do a thorough deep cleaning after each guest checkout but our procedures are slightly different and more extensive for a pet room checkout, thus the additional fee.

I do hope that this does not deter you from visiting our hotel again, we would love to host you and your cats again; you were right in that they were quite and clean. Please contact us directly and ask for Judy Ziegler and we'll see what we can do the next time you are in Knoxville.

Happy Holidays!!
Northborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Average fare at best. Although rooms were clean & decently maintained, the overall sense was lower middle end--while cost was on the upper side. Breakfast, which came with the room, was adequate, a kind description. Coffee--both in the room and the restaurant--was some of the worst I have ever had. Fruit selection was pitiful. If you're content w/ waffles and cereal, it's fine. In a pinch I'd stay there again, but was glad to be on my way in the end.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Sam P, Owner at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville West, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I happy you found our rooms clean and maintained, but apologize that you found us adequate. Our breakfast is actually more than hot waffles and cereal; we also have a fresh yogurt bar, hot oatmeal, pastries, breads and a rotating hot option of either breakfast burritos, sausage, french toast, biscuits/gravy and more.

I hope the next time you are in Knoxville we get a chance to serve you again to offer you a more superior experience. I guarantee you'll have a better stay!

Happy Holidays!