“Efficient & Friendly Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr
Ranked #24 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Efficient & Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

On a business trip, I stayed at this hotel in August 2014 for the first time. It appears that this is a new hotel, as everything is splendidly clean and well organized. Check-in was less than a minute, and checkout was express - bill under the door. The staff was as friendly as any I have encountered domestically (USA). Their enthusiasm was pleasant without being overbearing. The room was spotless, the bed comfy, and the breakfast was the best I have encountered in the USA for a value-brand hotel. I would stay here with my family if on vacation in this region in the future.

1 Thank Andrew M
LaTonya R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thanks so much for taking time to post a review with so many positive comments! I've shared your feedback with our staff and we all thank you for your kind words. It is our goal to provide our guests with 1st class accommodations and exceptional service. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Thanks for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

LaTonya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
East Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2014

FIrst off, I would definitely stay here again.
Danielle, the front desk employee, greeted me with a genuine smile, and took great care of my getting checked in. She asked if I found parking, to which I told her yes. She explained where I could find late night snacks, the elevator, as well as breakfast and coffee in the morning. Further, when I arrived, I was kind of in a rush. I was coming in late from a long day on the road, and wanted to get to the local park for some exercise. When I came down changed for the park, Danielle handed me directions so I didn't need GPS.

When I entered the room to which I was staying, I couldn't have been more happy. It was very clean, and tidy. There was nice additions for my stay: a Keurig coffee maker and a huge television with cable. There was a chair with an ottoman, a desk with a very comfortable chair.

There were about 5-6 pillows on the bed. Some soft, some firm. It was a fantastic variety, which was great.

The next morning, when I packed the vehicle, I popped back in to get some of the continental breakfast. I filled my coffee cup, which was only luke warm. The eggs looked bleached...a very light yellow color, and swimming in water. The biscuits and gravy were the worst thing I've tasted in a long time. The biscuit was old. I know it wasn't made today. The plastic knife I was cutting with it had a difficult time getting through. And the gravy...I had to spit my bite out. They have no business making gravy. The sausage was ok, but after the bite of biscuits and gravy, I tossed the plate, and went next door to Waffle House.

Overall, it was a pretty good experience, despite the breakfast. Danielle was fantastic! The room was very comfortable, and there was plenty of room.

Room Tip: For breakfast, hit Waffle House.
1 Thank Mike A
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My stay at this hotel for business was wonderful. The people at this hotel were very friendly and willing to help with your every need. Danielle and Susan are two of those special people. They made me hot cookies and everything. The next time, I'm in the Knoxville area I will be staying at this Holiday Inn Express.

Berlin, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The bed was not the only wonderful experience...I was impressed with the exterior and interior appearance. The ambiance was warm and inviting. The staff was friendly, very helpful and provided great service. The breakfast was great! I was searching for a particular type of yogurt...Mr. Lee saw me and quickly came to my aid. He was pleasant and I enjoyed speaking with him for several minutes. This is a great hotel with a great staff...I will visit again with I am in the area. I almost forgot...please take the Kerig out of the bathroom...LOL.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CCW59
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a business trip and the staff went beyond my expectations. A sweet young lady named Danielle provided superb service with a smile on her face! She helped me with my reservation ( which my boss messed up) and even fixed my tv. You go girl

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Ilana1787
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel is beautiful. The fire pit area out front really caught my eye and I wish the weather permitted me to sit around it with my family. The Breakfast Area Was Amazing!! The Food Was Amazing And The Service By The Hostess Leslie Was Even Better. She Came And Asked If She Could Get Us Anything Else. She Was Such A Sweet Lady!! Loved it and will try to come back very soon.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank TheHounschells
Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Needed a one-night stay due to family funeral, and this hotel was in a perfect location. Property looks brand new although it has been open for greater than one year. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Clean, fresh and enjoyable stay. Awesome breakfast! I was really surprised!

Room Tip: If you are light sleepier, ask to be opposite of expressway.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Knoxville hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville Papermill Drive
Courtyard Knoxville West/Bearden
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Central Papermill
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville-Farragut
Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville/University
Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville West/Cedar Bluff

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr
Address: 6324 Papermill Dr, Knoxville, TN 37919-4813
Region: United States > Tennessee > Knoxville
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #24 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.