“My version of comfort food”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #48 of 1,197 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Since the closure of Italian Market & Grill in west Knoxville, my wife and I have looked for a place to call home for Italian food. We never really liked Naples but have fallen in love with Carrabba's.

While not spectacular, the food is always solid. And the service is just what you need, especially if you're tired and hungry. Our favorite waiter is Red, but the rest do well.

The bread, fresh and touched well by Rosemary, is the perfect appetizer.

Sure, I've had better Italian food but Carrabba's never disappoints (and this from someone that avoids franchises like the plague).

There are newer reviews for Carrabba's Italian Grill

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Carrabba's is one of my favorite restaurants. Love the Filet Fiorentina and Cavatappi, and taters. Wish they could teach the chef the well done is not red in the middle but the flavor is always wonderful. I wish they would build one in Pigeon Forge.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

No ambiance, not particularly a quiet pleasant place to enjoy a good meal. The food was quite good, but the service was embarrassingly poor. It got to where the help could not come to the table without apologizing, which should tell you something. We would describe the experience as utilitarian: we were hungry and we got fed; but not an enjoyable dining experience, and we would not recommend it for destination dining to anyone.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I don't know what has happened to this restaurant but we won't be returning when we visit Knoxville again. We usually take family members for a nice meal and a nice visit. I hardly know were to begin. We ordered calamari with two sauces and had to ask another waiter to bring one sauce. The waitress tried to place our entre on the table, which I might add they sat us at a to small booth for all of us, with all our empty salad plates. We had to pick up our plates so they could place our meals on the table. My husband and his brother both ordered pasta and needed spoons which they asked for twice, they did show up while my husband was paying the bill. My brother in-law's pasta was dry and sticky so don't guess a spoon would have be much help. I would advise anyone looking for a nice pleasant dinner to avoid this Carrabba's.

1  Thank Maggie C
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Well decorated, easy to see what the cooks are doing, but honestly I could have made that Lasagna at home for much less and probably tasting much better. Not much better than a frozen meal in my opinion. Best Margarita I have had in awhile though. Service was pretty darn good. Wish they had better menu selections. Gnocchi for starts...........