“Nice place for Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2013

It is a nice and lovely restaurant. Food was great. But the waiter looks like that he is not that familiar with the menu. Maybe he is new

Reviewed 17 August 2013

This was our first visit to this Macaroni Grill, but we have been to several others. The food and service was very good. They add new items to the menu occasionally which is a nice change. Hubby likes their Caesar salad, and the calamari appetizer has always been good. They have a list they bring you if you ask about food allergies. It's very conservative and I know I've had some dishes on the "Peanut" list and lived to talk about it. But better safe than sorry. The dishes are consistently good. We took advantage of the 1/2 price house wine, and took most of the bottle home with us. The house is a nice chianti type wine and they are Big bottles!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I don't know what it is with this place. I love the food but every time I go in there is a different problem. I've had orders gotten wrong (they comped the meal), bottles of olive oil dropped (and broke) in front of the table and a special discount they forgot about after I gave it to them. This was in three different trips, not all at once. Has it stopped me from coming back? No. I like the restaurant's food and I like the staff. It's just strange that these things keep happening. They used to be in the Rewards Dining Program that several airlines and hotels use and that was great. Unfortunately they dropped out of the program. I'll still go, just not as often.

1  Thank zenarmour
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This used to be our family staple for birthdays and has always been a favorite Knoxville restaurant. Kids (and adults) enjoy the butcher paper table coverings for drawing and games while you wait, and the atmosphere mimics an Italian courtyard. I've been here both in couple and family situations, and I think it can go either way depending on the crowd that night. However, there are most likely going to be families with kids, babies, etc, so don't expect low lighting, candles or an ultra romantic experience. The highlight of the last visit was the half price bottles of wine and the periodic soloist entertaining in the dining room. Rosemary bread with olive oil and cracked pepper to start you off is always delicious, too. The food is not cheap, but it won't break the budget. I had quadratini with eggplant and had plenty left to take home. The tiramisu was good, too. This is a good birthday destination as they often sing to you in Italian and offer you a complimentary dessert of your choice--not the old hot fudge sundae standby as in most restaurants. My only complaint for the last couple visits here is that the service seems to have gone down hill from what I remember as a kid/teen. It's not bad, but it seemed like there were a lot of employees standing around. It was not extremely crowded on a Thursday night, but our group still had to wait longer than necessary for salads (ended up coming after the entrees) and to-go boxes.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I ordered take-out and had to wait for 35 minutes for it to be prepared. However, the chicken dish ($13) was good and the roll was wonderful. The bartender could have used a lesson in food safety, but was friendly.