“Best sandwich in Knoxville”

Gus's Good Times Deli
Ranked #211 of 1,181 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Knoxville
“Best sandwich in Knoxville”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

This place has not changed measurably since I was here in college. The sandwiches are out of this world and unique to this area. I have never found another like it - they steam the sandwich making it an incredible taste experience. Must try.

Nashville, TN
“Nostalgia and one great sandwich.....”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Steamed Hogie on dark bread......... yum...... This was a favorite of mine years ago during my on campus days, and we still drop in when in town.

• Visited November 2012
Knoville, Tennessee, USA
“best deli in knoxville”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I love this place and I've eaten here hundreds of times over the years. This is the best place in knoxville to get a real steamed deli sandwhich. Thier burgers and fries area great too. They deliver until really late at night and are open early in the morning. The inside is decorated with years and years worth of UT memorabilia.

• Visited April 2012
“Quick, fresh, and delicious deli”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My boyfriend was a UT student and loved this place while he was in Knoxville. We stopped at Gus's while traveling through. For my first Knoxville food experience, I was pretty pleased. We ordered hogie sandwiches and they were melty goodness. Considering this place is sorta rundown looking (but in a charming way; it wasn't dirty) the meat was all freshly sliced, and the sandwiches carefully crafted. Worth the price-- it was a lot of food. Makes me a little sad I wasn't a UT student too. Two thumbs up.

1 Thank firenixie
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Deli an icon at UT”
Reviewed 21 October 2008