“Excellent Seafood”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014

It's not often you come across a good seafood restaurant. Chesapeaks is one of them. Polite staff, great atmosphere. Great menu offering a variety of seafood dishes. Prices were about average for a higher end establishment. My wife ordered the double lobster tail, with filet mignon special, and I had the shrimp Chesapeake which was 6 jumbo shrimp smothered in lump crab meat crab imperial. I also had a Maryland style lump crab meat crab cake. The crab imperial and shrimp were incredible as was the crab cake. My wife's steak was cooked perfectly and the lobster tails were scrumptious. You cannot go wrong with visiting this restaurant. Plan on spending $100 for a dinner for two, plus tip.

1  Thank Dave0616
There are newer reviews for Chesapeake's

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We enjoyed our visit to Chesapeake's, our party ordered the Hot Appetizer Platter and then the Boiled Seafood Combination. The shrimp were very dry.
The breads were delicious and I dipped the croissant in my Crab Bisque - it was great!
I will go back, but will order soup, salad, or the special.

The chairs were uncomfortable too. :(

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My sister lives in Knoxville and recommended this place, but we were disappointed. We had calamari, the fried seafood platter, crab bisque, salads, and the crab cakes. The crab bisque was very good, but everything else was mediocre. I guess for the prices, I didnt expect ketchup and tartar sauce with crab cakes. The fried shrimp was overcooked, and the fish was just ok. Also, our waitress was friendly enough, but she seemed inattentive and distracted. When I asked her not to take the calamari (my son was still nibbling on it), she grabbed some other empty plates and then took the calamari. Same with my son's plate later in the meal. He's a slow eater, so I asked her to leave his plate. She grabbed a few other plates and then tried to take his. Not a big deal, but somewhat annoying. Not bad service, but not what one would expect at what is supposed to be one of the best places to eat in Knoxville. The biggest disappointment for us was the food. We were expecting to be WOWed, but we left feeling like we could have spend a lot less for better quality somewhere else.

1  Thank Teresa Y
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Will definitely go again given the opportunity. Nice atmosphere. Good food. Aquariums everywhere. Really enjoyed it and want to go again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I don't know why my family is so enamored with this place. After giving this several attempts I have had served to me (and them) Dried out waffles, Overdone eggs (really, how hard is it to cook an egg), Overdone fried chicken. Their veggie side dishes are always watery and bland. The crab cakes tasted Frozen. This was when the restaurant wasn’t even busy. It even smells bad when you walk in. I have been to so many good restaurants in this area that this one doesn’t even compete! If i could have left No stars I would have.

2  Thank ViloaLola