“OMG!!!”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Tucson, Arizona
“OMG!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I think this was the best sea bass and grouper ever! We've lived in Florida and eaten tons of seafood and this overshadowed them all! Small, intimate place that you can bring your own wine. Great place. We'll be back soon!

• Visited October 2013

KNOXVILLE TN
“BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT IN KNOXVILLE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Don't know how the previous writer could say such a thing. This is the best Italian in Knoxville and has been for a very long time. You don't stay in business for many years and it not be. Delicious food, friendly staff, and ambiance---I have taken many people there and they all love it and it becomes a favorite to them too. It is Italian just like you would get in NYC/Brooklyn. ROCK ON SAVELLI'S!

• Visited October 2013
“Great Italian Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Saturday, 09-28-13, was my first visit to Savelli's. My friend that I was with had been here several times before and raved about the excellent quality of food - she was so right! My blackened scallop entree with angel hair pasta and a special lemon sauce was the best scallop dish I've ever experienced in Knoxville. Our waitress, Kat, was very knowledgeable about menu items and attentive to our table. By the time we left (8 pm) the restaurant was really crowded. I hope this family considers upgrading to a larger restaurant building in the near future. In the meantime, I can't wait for my second visit!

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Food, Small Space”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Savelli's food is jaw-droppingly delicious (Although I would rather keep my mouth closed to savor the flavor). The blackened ahi-tuna and the dessert calzones (taken off the menu when I last went, they still make them, just ask. Prepare to share- they are huge and rich) are my favourites. The garlic bread tastes like it was taken straight out of a sweet old Italian lady's kitchen. And of course being an Italian restaurant, the pasta is wonderful. Putting the food aside it is quite a sad little restaurant. Savelli's often puts out Groupons, but can barely support the influx of customers it has already. A reservation is required for Groupon users, and if you use the app they take the phone and do not return it promptly (might just be me, but I am not comfortable with that). Despite being a dine-in restaurant, the indoor dining area is less than 500 square feet! Because of this, it is always noisy and crowded. The outdoor dining area consists of two small picnic tables and is not 15 feet away from a noisy, busy road. Due to a loss of their alcohol license they no longer serve wine, but encourage you to bring your own (provided you pay a $4.00 fee). Good place for foodies, bad place for a conversation.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Tolliver2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Pay special attention to your check before paying the bill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

It was not until the THIRD try that I was able to eat here and use my Groupon.
A reservation is required to use those, which seems like just another way for them to have an obstacle and hassle to someone wanting to use their voucher.
The first time I called to make a reservation I was told they would not be open the Sunday before Labor Day.
Two weeks later I had a confirmed reservation for Sunday the 15th of September, only to arrive and see a handwritten sign on the door saying they were closed for 2 days. (See photo)
I received no phone call and nothing to let me know that I shouldn't drive over and show up for my assigned reservation time.
I tried for the third time and finally was able to use my Groupon. To my surprise, once the bill came I saw where they had added a tip in excess of 20% to the bill.
It appears they add a tip to the total VALUE of the voucher.
Considering things I have since read about this restaurant, nothing surprises me about them.
Save your money and visit someplace that values customers and doesn't try to trick them into paying for things they shouldn't.

• Visited September 2013