“Yummy home cooking.”

Chandler's Deli LLC
Ranked #176 of 1,200 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Had a great lunch today. The fried chicken and Mac and cheese are a must. Quick service too. Good place for a quick lunch!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Three of us dined at Chandler's today after reviewing comments here on Tripadvisor. By the number of awards displayed on the wall at the restaurant I figured we'd hit the jackpot. I'm not sure what everyone thinks is so spectacular. We sampled a variety of sides with the fried chicken and without exception they were all over salted. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against salt but this was overpowering. I also noted that the restaurant was filthy and that makes me wonder about the kitchen.On the plus side, the staff were all pleasant and helpful. I would probably not go back.

2  Thank jeffclay
Reviewed 18 March 2013

It's just honest-to-goodness southern fried chicken that is sure to stop up your arteries. The BEST in Knoxville!!!! You can eat salad tomorrow, right?

1  Thank Pmrphoto
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Not a deli by any means. It's a BBQ and soul food joint...and one of the best around! We shares the rib dinner plate - 5 big, juicy ribs and 3 sides with cornbread and a drink for $17. My daughter and I were stuffed! Collard greens were chopped finely and cooked with a spicy seasoning. Real potatoes and macaroni and cheese made with soul! So glad we read about this place on a magazine and sought it out - I wouldn't have stopped in otherwise, but it was very worth it!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

I know this sounds terrible, but most people just want to brag about eating here versus telling the truth about what it is. The food is mediocre and the place is dumpy, but you will always see rich folks who work in Downtown Knoxville (Lawyers, Real Estate Agents, Etc.) here at lunch time during the week. Usually bringing someone they want to impress with how cool they are knowing about a little hole in the wall in a rough part of town. With that being said, the Fried Chicken is very good (greasy as to be expected), but the BBQ is very fatty as they just chop up everything together (gristle, fat, tendons, occasional bone fragment). The sides go over the top to achieve that down home soul food cliché' (mac and cheese tastes like it has more butter than pasta or cheese). Bottom line, you will tell all of your friends how amazing the food was but deep inside you know that you just wanted them to know you were “hip” enough to brave this establishment.

5  Thank ValueConcious