“Great food and honest people”

Chandler's Deli LLC
Ranked #172 of 1,212 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This restaurant is one of the best places we've found in the Southeast for real honest to goodness Southern food. Like every good Southern place, the sides are as good as the chicken, fish, and meat. Especially the fried green tomatoes and the mixed greens. It is easily the best fried chicken I've had. The cornbread is good too. Crunchy on the outside and full of flavor. The restaurant is now selling a line of its seasonings. I really don't think you can duplicate the fried chicken at home, but the cabbage seasoning on cooked cabbage is divine. Haven't tried it yet on coleslaw, but I will. In addition to having great food, the people there are wonderful. I stupidly left my purse there one day, with everything in it. They found it, called me, and arranged for shipment of the purse to my home. Great food and honest people. What more could you ask?
Diana W

1  Thank Diana W

Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Had a great lunch today. The fried chicken and Mac and cheese are a must. Quick service too. Good place for a quick lunch!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Three of us dined at Chandler's today after reviewing comments here on Tripadvisor. By the number of awards displayed on the wall at the restaurant I figured we'd hit the jackpot. I'm not sure what everyone thinks is so spectacular. We sampled a variety of sides with the fried chicken and without exception they were all over salted. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against salt but this was overpowering. I also noted that the restaurant was filthy and that makes me wonder about the kitchen.On the plus side, the staff were all pleasant and helpful. I would probably not go back.

2  Thank jeffclay
Reviewed 18 March 2013

It's just honest-to-goodness southern fried chicken that is sure to stop up your arteries. The BEST in Knoxville!!!! You can eat salad tomorrow, right?

1  Thank Pmrphoto
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Not a deli by any means. It's a BBQ and soul food joint...and one of the best around! We shares the rib dinner plate - 5 big, juicy ribs and 3 sides with cornbread and a drink for $17. My daughter and I were stuffed! Collard greens were chopped finely and cooked with a spicy seasoning. Real potatoes and macaroni and cheese made with soul! So glad we read about this place on a magazine and sought it out - I wouldn't have stopped in otherwise, but it was very worth it!