“Down right filthy place”

Chandler's Deli LLC
Ranked #154 of 1,179 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Down right filthy place”
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

I don't know how this place could pass a health dept inspection. I should have turn away the minute I got to the front door as the entrance way apparently has never been cleaned. The entire restaurant needs to be closed and completely hosed down. Sticky dirty tables and floors, dirty walls and windows. I can't imagine what the kitchen looks like if the area customers can see is this filthy.
The food was okay but I couldn't enjoy it thinking about how dirty the kitchen could be. I would be embarrassed to recommend a dirty place like this.

• Visited August 2013

georgia
“Great food and honest people”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This restaurant is one of the best places we've found in the Southeast for real honest to goodness Southern food. Like every good Southern place, the sides are as good as the chicken, fish, and meat. Especially the fried green tomatoes and the mixed greens. It is easily the best fried chicken I've had. The cornbread is good too. Crunchy on the outside and full of flavor. The restaurant is now selling a line of its seasonings. I really don't think you can duplicate the fried chicken at home, but the cabbage seasoning on cooked cabbage is divine. Haven't tried it yet on coleslaw, but I will. In addition to having great food, the people there are wonderful. I stupidly left my purse there one day, with everything in it. They found it, called me, and arranged for shipment of the purse to my home. Great food and honest people. What more could you ask?
Diana W

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Diana W
Loudon, Tennessee
“Yummy home cooking.”
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Had a great lunch today. The fried chicken and Mac and cheese are a must. Quick service too. Good place for a quick lunch!

• Visited June 2013
Knoxville
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Three of us dined at Chandler's today after reviewing comments here on Tripadvisor. By the number of awards displayed on the wall at the restaurant I figured we'd hit the jackpot. I'm not sure what everyone thinks is so spectacular. We sampled a variety of sides with the fried chicken and without exception they were all over salted. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against salt but this was overpowering. I also noted that the restaurant was filthy and that makes me wonder about the kitchen.On the plus side, the staff were all pleasant and helpful. I would probably not go back.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank jeffclay
Powell, Tennessee
“When you are looking for the best fried chicken in town, this is it!”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

It's just honest-to-goodness southern fried chicken that is sure to stop up your arteries. The BEST in Knoxville!!!! You can eat salad tomorrow, right?

Visited March 2013