“Best. Courtyard. Ever.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Best. Courtyard. Ever.”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Nicest Courtyard I have stayed in, ever. Brand new, modern concept, very relaxing and comfortable! The balcony with couches and fire pit is great! And a cool craft beer bar/shop next door. My new favorite in k'town!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dan B
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Knoxville West/Bearden, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dan B,
Many thanks for your complimentary review from your recent stay at Courtyard Knoxville West Bearden. Your praise regarding our hotel highlights not only our passion for our product, but also our core objective in providing each guest with a memorable experience. We're thrilled to be your new favorite hotel in Knoxville and we look forward to your next visit! Thank you again!

Mike Sellge, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 February 2014

There is a certain level of service expected when one walks into a Marriott brand hotel. The Courtyard at Bearden delivered that service.

Check-in took some time, but I was over two hours early and my room had to have the feather pillows removed because of my allergies. I was recognized as a Marriott Awards Elite member by the front desk.

My room was very nicely furnished, complete with a spacious bathroom. Everything in the room and in the entire property seemed to indicate that this Courtyard had not been opened long. The exercise room was very large compared to other hotels (or other Courtyards, for that matter). The lobby was larger than a "normal" Courtyard, with several areas for sitting both near the bistro area and away from it.

The only issues were in relation to parking and directions. There didn't seem to be very much parking available. There were two handicapped spots at the front entrance, but approximately 15 other spots -- some of which were reserved. There may have been additional parking on the side of the building or behind the hotel but this wasn't marked, and as the hotel is located next to an office building the parking that was available wasn't well-defined. (Additionally, the day I was there the office building had work being done on the building's sign, meaning that trucks were blocking the parking lot.) Similarly, there are no directional markers helping locate the hotel, which is located up a hill between a small shopping center and the aforementioned office building. As the place is newer (it wasn't in my GPS at all) this may make it difficult to locate. Certainly this problem will resolve itself with GPS updates, but as for now it is an issue.

The hotel is located just west of downtown Knoxville, meaning that access to the downtown tourist or business sites is quick and easy. I had no trouble reaching downtown during the height of rush hour due to the close proximity.

There's nothing out of the ordinary with this Courtyard -- which, with the Marriott brand's great reputation for A+ service and quality, is a high compliment.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Got2GoAllTheTime
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Knoxville West/Bearden, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Karen R,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your stay with us at Courtyard Knoxville West Bearden. We appreciate you recognizing our strengths in service and quality, while providing areas of opportunity with parking and directions. Your feedback is important to us as we strive to continuously improve and exceed our guest experiences. We hope you'll return for another visit again in the near future. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My wife and I had a really good experience at this Courtyard. It's new, clean, modern, and the people were all very nice. And right across the parking lot is a top-end restaurant, pub, and BBQ place. What more could you want??

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Knoxville West/Bearden, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
busyguyinGreensboro,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your great experience with us at Courtyard Knoxville West Bearden. We're pleased to have had you and your wife as our guests, and we're thrilled to know our property and location offers a variety of options and conveniences for your travel needs. We hope to extend our hospitality to you both again soon. Thank you once again for writing!

Severna Park, Maryland
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I spend 100 nights on the road with Marriott per year. This is by far the nicest Courtyard and one of the nicest Marriott properties overall. Great comfortable rooms and bathrooms. I usually stay in the full service Marriott Knoxville but this will be where I stay from now on. Staff was incredibly well trained and friendly as we'll.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeb811
Jeb811,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review from your visit to Courtyard Knoxville West Bearden. Your praise regarding our property, staff, and accommodations highlight our core objective and passion for our profession. We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest, and thank you for choosing Courtyard Knoxville West Bearden for your future travels. We appreciate your review and patronage!

Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We needed to find a place to stay very last minute for a show in downtown. We found it here. I have never stayed in a new hotel and this place was exactly what it should be. Very modern, new ideas, and extremely clean. My favorite part may have also been the fire pit that was going on outside.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Knoxville West/Bearden, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Wesley G,
We appreciate the opportunity to serve your hotel needs at Courtyard Knoxville West Bearden while attending a show downtown. It's wonderful to receive your complimentary feedback on our new property. We hope you will return soon to enjoy another stay and relaxing evening around the fire pit. Thank you once again for your great review!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here recently for three weeks for business and was very pleasantly surprised by the nice modern look of the hotel. Everything looks sharp and in place (I know it should since it’s new, but still). I would highly recommend going on to their website to look at pictures of the rooms so you can get a sense of the design and comfort of each room. The beds are very comfy and the towels in the bathroom are quite nice as compared to your standard harsh nondrying towels you normally use. The room has a fridge and microwave built into a side cabinet in the corner of the room. This is nice because it does not take up room in the dresser. The dresser is a separate piece of furniture next to the desk with two very big draws. The TV is massive at 42”. For a hotel this is phenomenal and there also is no annoying greeting page when you turn on the TV. My favorite part of the TV is the fact that you can actually see a guide to let you know which shows are on and when, it’s hosted by DirecTV I believe so it looks just like your home unit would. The desk which sits directly under the tv has a lot of drawers for extra clothes storage and also has a light that emits from under the tv to keep your workspace lit.
The bathroom again is very modern and has a huge mirror with a square frame light that just blows away your normal hotel bathroom mirror. Furthermore, the shower also has its own light that you can use instead if you’re looking to conserve energy I assume. The shower does not have a door, which I saw in Europe quite a bit, but is instead a half wall of glass which is engineered just far enough so the water does not go all throughout the bathroom. One of the smartest touches was putting the shower controls on the far side of the shower so you can turn it on in the mornings without freezing your half frozen self into shock.
The downstairs lobby offers quite a few amenities with a business center, a small bistro, and your typical side pantry near the front desk. There is also a patio area outside on the back of the building. The service seems quite attentive and Benny, who I believe just works nights, is very gracious and helpful.
The only concern I have with the hotel is the fact that the gym and pool area is severely lacking. Everything else is so modern, fresh, and updated that I was quite excited to see what these two areas looked like. First, the gym equipment, which is new, does not contain one single weight lifting machine. Everything in the gym is cardio aside from a few sets of dumbbells in the corner. Furthermore, even the cardio machines aren’t anything to brag about looking as though the hotel maybe just ran out of money and bought the clearance 2007 models. They do have tvs on each but the plug in for your headphones is all the way in the back of the TV, which means your headphones run parallel to the ground when you’re running. Also an easy fix would be to add channel guides on the machines so you aren’t flipping through the 9 or so channels with the buttons on the top of the tv as well. Lastly, the pool is small. I think a minivan could sit in it and that’s about it. So don’t get your hopes up about swimming laps and pray that you have the area to yourself.
Overall, I was very impressed by the new property. It still has a few kinks to figure out and some bigger concerns to address but this is a much nicer property than your standard courtyard.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Knoxville West/Bearden, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
David C,
We're happy to have had the opportunity to serve your hotel needs during your business travels, and we thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. I enjoyed your observations and appreciate that you recognized our strengths while providing us some areas of improvement. I'm pleased to hear you were very impressed with our property overall and felt well taken care of by our staff during your visit. I'll make sure Benny receives a special commendation for his sincere hospitality. We hope to welcome you back again soon at Courtyard Knoxville West Bearden. Thank you again for writing!

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 January 2014

It may be unfair to compare this hotel to any other courtyard by marriott since this one is brand new. I can tell you that I travel EVERY week and I have never had the pleasure to have stayed in such a new , modern and hip as this one. I just got back from Vegas and stayed at the Cosmopolitan.... That's the only other hotel that I can compare the style to. Slick lines, spacious bathroom, comfy bed, soft pillows, 42 inch TV with direct TV and you are able to rotate it towards the sofa and the bed. That's why Marriott is the best in value and bang for your dollar. I'm a client, and travel very often like I said before. I will only stay where I believe my money is well placed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
yaser z,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us at Courtyard Knoxville West Bearden. We're thrilled to be compared to the Las Vegas Cosmopolitan, and it's wonderful to know our property and amenities made for an exceptional experience. Please continue to make us your number one choice hotel in Knoxville. Thank you once again for your gracious review!