“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Strawberry Inn & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
BEST WESTERN PLUS Strawberry Inn & Suites
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2011

Stayed here on business for one night but was very impressed. Ive stayed in many hotels on business in the past few months and I would say this has been my favorite. It was very well taken care of, in a safe area, and had many amenities to choose from. I took a dip in the hot tub and it was very relaxing. Tried to go in the indoor pool but it was too cold, do not think it was heated. The room I was placed in featured a microwave and fridge, which was great. It was spacious, quiet, and I would stay there again should I be in that area. The hotel also featured a gift shop, a business center, and a breakfast area.

Tip: I went on http://promocodes2011.com and under best western, I found a great promo code (webonly) that I used when I booked online. Got me $30 off my stay and only had to pay $70 rather than $90. Not sure how long this promo works.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank LifeArtPhoto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Astoria, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE!! This hotel books school groups (3 high school football teams this time) without regard to their other guests. The noise is UNBELIEVABLE. Kids running up and down the halls, slamming doors, yelling all night and early in the morning. 1st night I went to the front desk, the woman shrugged and said "They're kids, what can you do?" I asked her to call security or the manager, and she said she was the only one there on the weekends and could do nothing. She also told me it was because "They're black". !!!! Totally racist comment. I said, I don't care if they're green, you need to do something to quiet them down so others can sleep. At 3am I went downstairs to complain again, and there were three men sleeping on sofas in the lobby because they said their rooms were too noisy!!!

The morning clerk was kinder and switched our room to one she said was quieter. She also said that there was a more experienced manager coming in the evening who "runs a tight ship" and wouldn't allow that to happen, and also that 2 of the 3 groups were leaving. Foolishly, we stayed (Hotwire booking, so no cancellation possible). When we returned to the hotel that night, the scene was worse. The group had taken over the whole lobby. There was a case of Tennessee whisky on the side table, and children lounging all over the lobby (floor too) screaming and running. The pool had at least 50 kids in it. There was no way to use any of the amenities. And again - the running in the halls, door slamming. I pleaded with several of the "chaperones" to call a curfew, and try to keep quiet. They laughed at me.

Then (I can't believe we did this), we decided to rent another room as a sound buffer so that maybe we could get a few hours sleep. They happily charged us $70 for this. No luck. The door slamming and running and yelling in the hall commenced at 6am. When I went to front desk to ask for help (and I was VERY angry by now), the manager told me to return to my room or she would call the police - on ME! Not on the people who were making the noise. Unbelievable.

This was just totally unacceptable for ANY hotel. The primary reason to stay in one is to sleep, and this was not possible. I called the 800 number and they are working to get me a refund (I hope), but the damage has been done. I will never stay at another Best Western, and will now always ask if there are groups of any kind at the hotel. I think that if they are going to book large noisy groups (and the housekeeping staff told me they do it several times a year, and that this always happens), that they should close bookings to other travellers who actually want to rest. The owner and management of this hotel should be ashamed.

Oh, and the wireless didn't work, and there were kids using all the computers in BUSINESS center unsupervised, playing computer games.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IhateBestWestern
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

I checked in and encountered a surly night desk guy who was totally unhelpful. He barely could bring himself to check me in. the room was on the first floor and appeared o.k. Bad wireless internet; reception, I had to plug into a wall LAN outlet. In the morning as I checked out, the new desk person noticed that he had done the paperwork wrong and I was going to be charged for the room twice.

A few hours later, I started to notice my ankles itched; I had flea bites all over them!

This was the worst night's stay out of a two week trip.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank whitenviro
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2010

Arrived at the hotel in the middle of the night,
desperately tired after 16 hours
of driving across the county.
The room smelled. The bath mat had long, black
hair on it. The first towel I pulled from rack had
a brown stain on it. At one point, I had to fix the chain in
the toilet tank.
(to which the front desk
said I should've called to switch rooms...at 2:00-2:30 a.m?
How about just making nice rooms available?)
When I woke up the next morning, I found a bug in my bed.
(to which the front desk matter-of-factly explained that
the bugs come in through the air conditioner
to get water (!?) The coffee at the breakfast bar did not taste
good at all. We did not eat breakfast.
Worst Best Western I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Ft. Worth, TEXAS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

I was on a 10 day road trip with my mom and 2 children. We stayed here on our way through our first night. After a long day of driving this was heaven. The rooms were spotless and actually smelled good and clean. Beds were very comfotable and no complaints about the bathroom at all. I am a very picky traveler and was so impressed with this hotel that we chose to stay here again on our way back home a week after our first stay. Great staff, breakfast and hotel was fabulous for a traveling family.
I would totally recommend and have and would stay there again!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

I was traveling from Ohio to North Carolina and needed a midway place for a night's stay. This hotle popped up as a good location and very affordable. Check in staff was Ok, and my room was ready and very nice. it's what you would expect from an older Best Western, but it is well kept, clean and the bed was comfortable. I didn't try the pool. The breakfast was very good. Again, it is about standard for a hotle of this type. I always like it when they have the waffle makers! :-) Good enough for a free meal, plenty of restaurants nearby if you want something better. All-in-all, a good stay at a good price.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank SludgeD
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2010

I called this hotel before arriving to make sure they took pets. The front desk lady said" Yes we do take pets". We roll on up to the hotel about 4 hrs later and the first thing we see when pulling up to the front is 3 signs that say NO PETS in bold letters. So now my wife is hot. Well funny thing the front desk lady forgot to tell us is that they only have one room that they allow a pet in. I find that abit odd but ok. The front desk lady was alittle rude when confronted about this matter. Other then that a nice place to stay and a great breakfast. PLEASED..

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family