Best Western Plus Strawberry Inn & Suites
US$122
  • Pool
US$127
  • Pool
Candlewood Suites Knoxville(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$86
Sleep Inn North Knoxville(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$67
SleepInn
Best Western Knoxville Suites(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$85
BestWestern.com
US$115
US$65
US$55
QualityInn
US$116
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$90
All reviewsroom was cleanbest westernsstrawberry plainshot tubbreakfast ladyindoor poolhot breakfastwaffle makerstay there againgas stationthe breakfast areafree breakfastcracker barrelwafflesstaff was friendlyfirst floorgreat place to stay
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I can not even give this hotel a rating! We stayed here for a D.I. Function going on in Knoxville. Held there every year! We had reserved a non-smoking room. We arrived very late and apparently got the bottom barrel rooms left over. We were on the smoking floor. It reaked smoke like I have never smelled before in my life. I am pretty sure the staff took their smoke break in our room. Requested to be changed with no effort shown at even trying to do so. Unfortunately this is what we will remember from our vacation. We needed to do a nicotine patch to kick this second hand exposure!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Husker591
Reviewed 5 October 2012

After driving all day, we decided to use a hotel room auction website to find a decent place to sleep for a reasonable price, since we'd be there only a few hours. We ended up with this Best Western and arrived at 1:00 a.m.
I was very surprised when the desk clerk treated us like second class citizens because we'd booked through an auction site. He tried to put us in smoking room. When I asked for non-smoking, he informed us that we could expect to stay in what he classified as bottom of the barrel type rooms, when we book through auction websites. However, I've booked dozens of 3-4 star hotel rooms for short stays via auction sites over the past five years, and NEVER have I been treated any differently than a full-paying guest anywhere else.
The clerk thought he was being especially benevolent when he decided to award us a non-smoking room after all since, at this late hour, it was unlikely that people would be pouring through the front door demanding non-smoking hotel rooms. We weren't off to a very good start.
The clerk informed us that free breakfast (including scrambled eggs and sausage) was served from 6-9 a.m. and that free wi-fi was available in the room with no security code. The wi-fi signal was totally non-existent though and I wasn't able to connect at all, despite several attempts.
The hallway absolutely reeked of smoke when we got off the elevator on the 3rd floor. Our room fortunately did not have any cigarette odor ... just kind of a musty smell, which we remedied by immediately turning on the fan to import some outside air.
This 'PLUS' room had two double beds (not queens) with four pillows on each, a flat screen TV with a remote that did not work, a microwave, refridge, hair dryer, coffee maker, iron and board, lots of decent size towels, shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap.
The room seemed clean until I took a bath, at which time I carefully avoided touching the wall sides of the tub, which were lined with black mildew growing all along the ridge where the fiberglass tub meets the fiberglass wall (where there's supposed to be caulking - not mildew). I made my bath a quick one.
If you make coffee in the room, measure your cup with only half-full water to pour in the brewer so you end up with a drink that tastes like actual coffee. Otherwise it's so weak after being brewed with a full cup of water that it literally tastes like hot water instead of coffee. And there isn't a Starbucks or coffee shop within miles.
The bed was comfortable and the very effective room-darkening curtains allowed us to sleep well past daylight. We ended up missing breakfast, so can't comment on that. Check out is 11:00 a.m.
A final thought ... if Best Western Strawberry doesn't like auction website customers, then don't offer your vacant rooms on those sites. Leave them empty and forfeit the extra dollars you'd otherwise lose on empty rooms. But if you're going to accept auction customers, how dare you think you can treat them differently than any other customer? Shame on management here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FancyFree55
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I have stayed here twice and enjoyed both visits. The hotel is just off the interstate and amid several restaurants and fast food establishments. My room was clean, and I had plenty of room to relax. The breakfast makes the stay which a total complement of choices - eggs, cereal, sweet rolls, coffee, and juices. The breakfast hostess is outstanding.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We've stayed in this hotel in August 2012. 1st floor (ground level) is very clean. However, upper floor hallways smell cigarette everywhere. It's horrible & awful. Our room was neat & organized. Bathroom is very clean. There were no mildew anywhere, which is a huge plus. We had 2 queen beds in our room, and sheets on top of them had stains all over them. We were very disappointed for having dirty sheets. The location of this hotel is great, it's right next to I-40. There are several fast-food chains around the hotel. Other than horrible & awful cigarette smell inside the upper floor hallways and the dirty sheets on the bed, this hotel is ok. The lady who prepares the breakfast is really nice & fun. Great breakfast. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Deli B
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I was visiting my mother who came in town and we checked out the breakfast which was so good. I didnt have any interaction with any of the clerks when my mother checked in so i cant comment on that, but elizabeth who was the breakfast hostess was wonderful. She made us feel welcome. Meanwhile after leaving the breakfast area i went to the clerk's desk to get some change and it took at least 3 three minutes for front desk to finish up what was going on behind the counter for her to get to me. I wouldve preferred "ill be right with you" to let me know that she acknowledged me. I thought that was rude especially since ive been in the hospitality industry for almost 15 years and know that is not how i would treat a guest. Front desk needs to be more responsive, every one else was pleasant and the rooms were nice and clean. We also got to check out the pool and spa for my son and that i enjoyed as well. Kudos to elizabeth though.

• Stayed: September 2012