“Positive experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Montreal
“Positive experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

This was our second stay here. There is a bbg choice at exit 398 but we picked this place because of the pool and spa. After driving all day, it's nice to relax there. The purple underwater lights at night made the area looik quite funky. Check in was a bit disinterested and brusque. THe check in person interacted with her computer more than with us. Our room was attractive, nice restful colours and light coloured furniture. It overlooked a field and was very quiet. Breakfast was OK but more suited to hot breakfast types rather than granola types. We remembered the breakfast lady from last year and she was still as cheerful and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

I travel 20 days a month for business and every Best western plus I have stayed has been a great experience. This stay was personal and as an Diamond member, i left disappointed to no upgrades at a empty hotel ???

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

We stayed here as an overnight on a road trip. It is close to I40, but far enough off the interstate that we didn't hear any road noise. The rooms were large and comfortable,and there was an indoor pool and jacuzzi. Our room rate included breakfast. We thought breakfast was served until 10 am, however when we got there at 9:15 everything was cleared away, and we were informed that it was served until 9. The very friendly woman working there insisted on bringing the food back out so that we didn't "miss" our breakfast. The staff at the front desk was also frindly and helpful.
We left there feeling like we had an experience, not just an overnight stay!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

I booked through an auction site and was very afraid based on some of the reviews. Maybe I was lucky, but I got a non-smoking room. I did smell a wee bit of smoke in the hallway at times, but never overwhelming.

The room was very clean and large. Bathroom had solid surface counter tops, updated sink fixtures. Tub/shower was just okay, definitely clean, but a cheap unit. That's my only complaint actually. No mold in this shower at all, as other reviewers have complained. Room had a flat screen tv, newer drapes to block out sun, newer comfortable mattress, thankfully no nasty "bedspreads", microwave, fridge, coffee maker, etc. all updated. Room smelled fresh and clean.

I stayed 3 nights and had to do some serious paper work. The room and area was very quiet, perfect for my needs.

The staff were really pleasant to me and I found the service to be excellent. Everyday breakfast was the same...scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits and gravy, waffle iron, cereal, etc. They must have read my mind, because the breakfast server asked if I wanted yogurt. (That's actually my daily breakfast). She went back and got it for me. She said they have other items as well, just not enough room to put it all out. So don't be shy to ask.

I once stayed at a Best Western outside of Denver in the mid 90's that was so horrible I swore myself off of them forever. This hotel has definitely changed my mind about Best Westerns!

I just don't understand all the bad reviews. All the employees were American and very hospitable.

Having just stayed 6 nights previously at a much higher TA ranked extended stay hotel (and much pricier, too) while awaiting my lease to open, I was so relieved when I arrived here. This hotel was much cleaner, the surrounding area much safer and secure, and the staff much more accommodating.

For my low auction price, it was well worth it. The staff never treated me differently for booking through auction.

Beware of the negative reviews. As a frequent traveler and long-time TA contributor, this hotel is just fine.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor, which was quiet and clean.