“Enjoyed the Stay!”

Best Western Plus Strawberry Inn & Suites
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed one night and had a very good experience. In a great location in walking distance of good food. The room as well as the entire facility was super clean. Enjoyed a decent breakfast and although there were not as many choices as some properties everything was good. The staff was friendly and helpful. The fitness room was somewhat disappointing as the equipment was not of great quality, but that seems to be typical of many hotels. I definitely would recommend this property to others.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Strawberry Inn & Suites

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I made a reservation for 1 room for 1 night at this hotel at least 1 week in advance of our trip from Ohio to North Carolina. We planned to stay here on our way back home. Unfortunately, my father had a health-related emergency, so we needed to return home sooner than planned. I called the hotel the day before our scheduled arrival there and tried to cancel our reservation, or at least move our reservation with Best Western to a different city. The desk clerk would not work with me at all. She told me that if we didn't stay there, we would still be charged the entire amount as if we had stayed there. She said I could take it up with the manager. Since this was Friday night and the manager wasn't due back until Monday morning, that was not possible. So we decided to just stay there anyway and drive a really long distance the next day. Why can't hotels have a "family emergency" clause in the reservation???

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Got here at night. Room was very nice and clean. Motel was pretty up to date. Free breakfast with standard fare but good. Rates are not too bad. Ask for managers special if you dont have AAA, AARP or the like.

Room Tip: Ask for managers special if you dont have AAA, AARP or the like.
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed here our first night on a 23 state / 16 night road trip. Wonderful place that not only looked very clean on the outside but also the inside. Room was wonderful, clean and fresh. Breakfast in the morning was well laid out with good food and drink choices. The lady in the breakfast room (sorry I don't remember her name) was great and very friendly. We'd stay here again when in the area and have recommended this to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

First impressions are lasting!! Upon arrival as I entered the lobby, the young lady at the front desk was on the phone. I didn't think much of it and just ran to the restroom real quick. When coming back to the desk, she remained on the phone and it was apparent that she was on a personal call. She never put the phone down and continued her call while trying to check me in. I went to my room and left the property maybe an hour later to find the young lady still on the phone and attempting to help another guest. After returning from dinner an hour later, you guessed it she was still on the phone. Other than that, the rooms and property itself were very nice. Beds were a little hard and breakfast wasn't that desirable though.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed here on our way to a cruise out of Charleston. The hotel staff were very welcoming and friendly. The hotel grounds were well-kept as was the lobby and other public areas. The rooms were nice-sized, clean, and the air-conditioning worked well. It is a great place to stay for the price and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I decided to try this hotel after bad experiences with LaQuinta Inn next door. The first stay was nice so I wanted to book it again. I accidentally made reservations at a location 20 minutes away. That is where the trouble began. Best Western refused to allow me to change my reservations. I was given two choices; cancel my existing reservation and lose the money paid Or travel the 20 minutes to the location where I made the initial reservation. There was no way I would forfeit the money paid so I journeyed the 20 minutes. The chosen location was run down in my opinion. When I voiced my complaint to Best Western I was told that their locations are locally owned and the policy was followed. Not happy at all and will never stay in Best Western again. My advice is to do your research and make sure you pick the correct location. If not their policy is very unforgiving and reservations cannot be changed if you make mistake.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family