“Worst Experience - Harrassed by Hotel Employee - Creepy” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Strawberry Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Strawberry Inn & Suites
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
“Worst Experience - Harrassed by Hotel Employee - Creepy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Hi,
I am new to Best Western and I called to reserve a room in July 2013 at BW Knoxville (reservation on next page). My daughter/grandson were traveling from NC and I was traveling from KY with my older grandson. (2 adults/2 children)

I have NEVER experienced something like this before and was SHOCKED the manager did not have authority to handle the situation and actually asked me to write a letter of my experience. I have never stayed at a hotel where the manager did not have the ability to manage the hotel and staff.

My experience:
I had a maid knock on my door – and pan-handle me while I was in my room (playing on the fact that I was there with my grandchildren) and then ask not to say anything. I notified the front desk and the manager immediatley. They advised me this is not the first instance and this lady (Kristen/Kristie/Christy older lady with short blonde hair in pony-tail) pan handles out front of the hotel and they have warned her of this behavior but they are doing NOTHING to protect their guest from this lady.

If this hadn’t happened I’d been upset by the fact that they put us in a room where a generator went off at night making a loud noise waking us up... We went to the pool the first day but after this happened we stayed in the room as much as possible and did not go back to the pool with my grandchildren. In addition – we moved all our valuables (computer/electronic devices/jewelry) to our car as this woman has key to our room.

I just couldn’t believe the manager did not have the AUTHORITY to deal with this situation. To make matters worse every time we left the room this lady watched us all the way to the elevator – creepy. I have never been treated as such at a venue – most hotels have excellent Customer Service and you normally feel “safe” there. This is the absolute WORST EXPERIECE I’ve ever had while on vacation.

Kind regards, Renee (Confirmation # 474310096)

Manager - Laura Lackey, Best Western Strawberry Inn & Suites, 7260 Saddlerack Street, Knoxville TN 37914
(865) 544-7737 laura@bwstrawberryinn.com

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Renee R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sunnyvale, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our car was broken into in just the 8 hours that we were there. There was not enough lights in the parking lot. The lights were sensored and there was no cameras. We had a terrible experiene. The staff at the hotel were very nice, but would not recommend this hotel to anybody for staying.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Venice, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stopped for a quick one night stay. We have stayed in the past because of the quality of the hotel and price. Great location, clean, comfortable and quiet. Service was much better at check in this time. The young lady was very nice and explained ammenities (although we did not use any of them).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Great location, nice rooms, pleasant staff We had a rough trip from Memphis and didn't get to this motel until well after 9 PM. The staff member on the desk was helpful and efficient. The restaurant located a block away was an easy walk and recommended by the desk personnel...very convenient. The room was comfortable and quiet. I would gladly recommend this motel to anyone traveling through Tennessee.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Sherryl F
Sparta, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel as an overnight stop on the way to Memphis. Nice Best Western. Clean and maintained, near restaurants. In a quiet area. I would definitely stop here again. Pillows are soft, if you like soft pillows. Nicely decorated.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cabrill
Lawrenceville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

The Best Western Plus at Strawberry Plains is a clean, attractive, well-run property at an excellent price. We used to stay at other Best Westerns that were more convenient to Dollywood, but we'd rather drive the few extra miles to stay here. It's clean, comfortable and inviting.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Riverside, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

very nice and beautiful hotel with a very good hot breakfast, spa n pool nice, good restaurants in area Cracker Barrel across street, I-40 near, the only bad experience was a rude night clerk not so friendly young girl name Amy rude at checking-in, always talking on the phone to non customers when I went to talk to her. Price was higher than usual due to the race at Bristol 80 miles away as I was told by clerk.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family