“The best breakfast lady”

Best Western Plus Strawberry Inn & Suites
Ranked #34 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The lady working breakfast is courteous, friendly, efficient and happy. The staff was helpful although my wife had a problem with the bath drain and they were unaware and unable of repair.
Lady working breakfast made up for all the other faults.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Immediately upon check in we were met with a rude and unaccommodating staff. When we crossed the Tennessee border, we found a coupon at the welcome center. Even though the coupon does not state that you cannot have a reservation beforehand... the staff stated that you must. Even though in Kentucky... they allowed this. The staff was absolutely rude about this and said we had to ask the "Laura" the manager in the morning. I met with "Laura" and she was even more rude about it. Also, the building itself is just awful. The walls and floors are thin and you can hear absolutely everything going on in the rooms all around. In fact, it was so bad the people beneath us complained that we were too loud (at 8 in the evening). We were just talking with my elderly parents and were not loud at all. Finally, the floors in my room and my parents room were sticky. The place just did not seem clean. I have never complained about a hotel before... but the staff and accommodations were just awful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Candace P
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel meets all of my needs when pulling off of the highway for a place to stay overnight. The staff is very friendly, the bed is comfortable and the breakfast is satisfying. There is an in room fridge and microwave and in-room coffee and the internet works in the room. There are plenty of good restaurants in the area. There is a good Italian restaurant within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Hi,
I am new to Best Western and I called to reserve a room in July 2013 at BW Knoxville (reservation on next page). My daughter/grandson were traveling from NC and I was traveling from KY with my older grandson. (2 adults/2 children)

I have NEVER experienced something like this before and was SHOCKED the manager did not have authority to handle the situation and actually asked me to write a letter of my experience. I have never stayed at a hotel where the manager did not have the ability to manage the hotel and staff.

My experience:
I had a maid knock on my door – and pan-handle me while I was in my room (playing on the fact that I was there with my grandchildren) and then ask not to say anything. I notified the front desk and the manager immediatley. They advised me this is not the first instance and this lady (Kristen/Kristie/Christy older lady with short blonde hair in pony-tail) pan handles out front of the hotel and they have warned her of this behavior but they are doing NOTHING to protect their guest from this lady.

If this hadn’t happened I’d been upset by the fact that they put us in a room where a generator went off at night making a loud noise waking us up... We went to the pool the first day but after this happened we stayed in the room as much as possible and did not go back to the pool with my grandchildren. In addition – we moved all our valuables (computer/electronic devices/jewelry) to our car as this woman has key to our room.

I just couldn’t believe the manager did not have the AUTHORITY to deal with this situation. To make matters worse every time we left the room this lady watched us all the way to the elevator – creepy. I have never been treated as such at a venue – most hotels have excellent Customer Service and you normally feel “safe” there. This is the absolute WORST EXPERIECE I’ve ever had while on vacation.

Kind regards, Renee (Confirmation # 474310096)

Manager - Laura Lackey, Best Western Strawberry Inn & Suites, 7260 Saddlerack Street, Knoxville TN 37914
(865) 544-7737 laura@bwstrawberryinn.com

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Renee R
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our car was broken into in just the 8 hours that we were there. There was not enough lights in the parking lot. The lights were sensored and there was no cameras. We had a terrible experiene. The staff at the hotel were very nice, but would not recommend this hotel to anybody for staying.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stopped for a quick one night stay. We have stayed in the past because of the quality of the hotel and price. Great location, clean, comfortable and quiet. Service was much better at check in this time. The young lady was very nice and explained ammenities (although we did not use any of them).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Great location, nice rooms, pleasant staff We had a rough trip from Memphis and didn't get to this motel until well after 9 PM. The staff member on the desk was helpful and efficient. The restaurant located a block away was an easy walk and recommended by the desk personnel...very convenient. The room was comfortable and quiet. I would gladly recommend this motel to anyone traveling through Tennessee.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends