“Good Deal, nice night's sleep”

Best Western Plus Strawberry Inn & Suites
Ranked #35 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Dayton, Ohio
“Good Deal, nice night's sleep”
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I was traveling from Ohio to North Carolina and needed a midway place for a night's stay. This hotle popped up as a good location and very affordable. Check in staff was Ok, and my room was ready and very nice. it's what you would expect from an older Best Western, but it is well kept, clean and the bed was comfortable. I didn't try the pool. The breakfast was very good. Again, it is about standard for a hotle of this type. I always like it when they have the waffle makers! :-) Good enough for a free meal, plenty of restaurants nearby if you want something better. All-in-all, a good stay at a good price.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank SludgeD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2010

I called this hotel before arriving to make sure they took pets. The front desk lady said" Yes we do take pets". We roll on up to the hotel about 4 hrs later and the first thing we see when pulling up to the front is 3 signs that say NO PETS in bold letters. So now my wife is hot. Well funny thing the front desk lady forgot to tell us is that they only have one room that they allow a pet in. I find that abit odd but ok. The front desk lady was alittle rude when confronted about this matter. Other then that a nice place to stay and a great breakfast. PLEASED..

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed 20 October 2009

We chose this hotel specifically so our young kids could swim in the indoor pool. They keep the pool at 77 degrees (there's a thermometer), which is intolerably cold. We complained and were told that this is intentional to keep algae growth down. I own a pool; they just want to avoid the work of maintaining a comfortable pool. At this temperature, there's really no sense in heating it at all. We were also disappointed that the 3rd floor has smoking rooms beside nonsmoking rooms. When we complained about the awful smell, we got a very curt reply, which was typical of the very unfriendly desk staff. We'd never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank kohelet
VA
Reviewed 19 September 2009

I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times now and have been very pleased. The first stay was a couple of yrs ago and we traveled with kids and family. The hotel staff was very accomodating and the rooms were VERY spacious...perfect for families and large groups. The pool was a great hit with the kids too. Recently I have started traveling through Knoxville and have found this hotel to be a great midway stopping point for my journey. The location is easy access off the internet and there are tons of places nearby nearby. The room is always crisp and clean, the staff is friendly and very helpful. Check in/out is a breeze. I love having a microwave and fridge in the room...it really helps keep my costs down and my eating habits in check :) . The price averages $70 or so and that is totally worth it to me, for the cleanliness and convenience. If you've never stayed here, give it a try. Don't expect a 5 star hotel...but I believe it is every bit of a 4 star for the area.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Canton Ga
Reviewed 1 July 2009

We stay in this area a lot for business, and wanted to try a few new places, since our usual place has been getting a bit lax. Although this motel was a bit more pricey, we decided to try it.

Imagine our disappointment when we found it was very dated by the decor, was a bit run-down, and all in all, not very clean. It was not overtly dirty, just not very "clean feeling" overall. The walls seemed to be a bit thin, we could hear toilets flushing and showers running easily, as well as water rushing through pipes in the walls, not a very good thing to hear. We decided to try a swim to cool down a bit, and found the pool to be cloudy, and once again, not very clean(as well as VERY cold). There were, in all fairness, plenty of pool towels, and the jetted whirlpool , although very cloudy looking, was very welcome.
The beds were fairly nice..soft but firm enough, the TV an older model, but serviceable. Shower and bath in general worked fine, but we did run out of hot water in the morning..made shaving a bit tougher.

Breakfast was just OK- selections were a bit meager, and I observed more than a few folks grimacing in disgust as they tried the gravy and biscuits. The OJ was pretty good, but coffee was indistinguishable from brown hot water..very little taste. Wife had the eggs which she rated as rubbery, and not very good. I did see some folks eating the ubiquitous hotel waffles, and they seemed to enjoy. The lady manning the breakfast area was doing a fair job, but barely keeping up. Why would there be a TIP jar (loudly and poorly marked as such) be posted at a FREE continental breakfast? Is the motel NOT paying the poor woman's wages? I am all for tipping for good service, BUT this is self serve! VERY tacky, in my opinion!

While waiting for a new carafe of coffee, i DID over hear a guest asking for copies of security camera footage, his car (apparently) was damaged in the parking lot, and the clerk / manager was telling him the owners were the only ones who can review that. I did go check the car! Not very reassuring !

All in all, not a place we are likely to go back to, with all the choices out there. For the $ there are better motels!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 12 January 2009

Booked four rooms at this property for a family get together and we could not have pickeda better place. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff were courteous, friendly and extremely helpful. They treated the children in our party great. Even let us use the breakfast room one night to hold a birthday party for our 8 year old. We made good use of the fitness room, pool, hotub and computer center. I would highly recommend this property for anyone.

• Liked — Terrific staff!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 August 2008

For a quick weekend in Knoxville, we weren't looking for anything special or fancy - just a good, clean comfortable hotel to crash in at night. This Best Western did just the trick, and overall no major complaints.

The room was clean enough, sufficiently large for two people, and everything worked. The bathroom is also quite large. Unlike previous reviewers, I found the beds to be extremely comfortable and always slept quite well. There were plenty of spare outlets for charging cell phones, etc. and the wireless internet worked well. This hotel does not use LodgeNet, which is awesome because when you turn your TV on it stays on the last channel you watched. The microwave and refrigerator also came is quite handy. Breakfast was good and included sausage, eggs and biscuits. While the breakfast area is very crowded, they opened up the adjacent meeting room for overflow which was a nice touch. The pool and hot tub also were in good order, and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

I had only a couple of gripes: check in/out was a bit of a hassle as our rate was "lost." Fortunately, I had a printout of my reservation to verify the rate. Our room was on the third floor, which is partially smoking. The smoke smell was strong in the hallway, but barely noticeable in the room. The parking lot also got crowded late at night as lots of people pulling trailers seem to stop here, taking up 3 or 4 parking spaces because they won't disconnect their trailers. I'd like to see management address the parking issue.

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)