Best Western Plus Strawberry Inn & Suites
Ranked #35 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Seattle, Washington
“Fleas!!”
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I checked in and encountered a surly night desk guy who was totally unhelpful. He barely could bring himself to check me in. the room was on the first floor and appeared o.k. Bad wireless internet; reception, I had to plug into a wall LAN outlet. In the morning as I checked out, the new desk person noticed that he had done the paperwork wrong and I was going to be charged for the room twice.

A few hours later, I started to notice my ankles itched; I had flea bites all over them!

This was the worst night's stay out of a two week trip.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank whitenviro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Arrived at the hotel in the middle of the night,
desperately tired after 16 hours
of driving across the county.
The room smelled. The bath mat had long, black
hair on it. The first towel I pulled from rack had
a brown stain on it. At one point, I had to fix the chain in
the toilet tank.
(to which the front desk
said I should've called to switch rooms...at 2:00-2:30 a.m?
How about just making nice rooms available?)
When I woke up the next morning, I found a bug in my bed.
(to which the front desk matter-of-factly explained that
the bugs come in through the air conditioner
to get water (!?) The coffee at the breakfast bar did not taste
good at all. We did not eat breakfast.
Worst Best Western I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Ft. Worth, TEXAS
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I was on a 10 day road trip with my mom and 2 children. We stayed here on our way through our first night. After a long day of driving this was heaven. The rooms were spotless and actually smelled good and clean. Beds were very comfotable and no complaints about the bathroom at all. I am a very picky traveler and was so impressed with this hotel that we chose to stay here again on our way back home a week after our first stay. Great staff, breakfast and hotel was fabulous for a traveling family.
I would totally recommend and have and would stay there again!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I was traveling from Ohio to North Carolina and needed a midway place for a night's stay. This hotle popped up as a good location and very affordable. Check in staff was Ok, and my room was ready and very nice. it's what you would expect from an older Best Western, but it is well kept, clean and the bed was comfortable. I didn't try the pool. The breakfast was very good. Again, it is about standard for a hotle of this type. I always like it when they have the waffle makers! :-) Good enough for a free meal, plenty of restaurants nearby if you want something better. All-in-all, a good stay at a good price.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank SludgeD
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2010

I called this hotel before arriving to make sure they took pets. The front desk lady said" Yes we do take pets". We roll on up to the hotel about 4 hrs later and the first thing we see when pulling up to the front is 3 signs that say NO PETS in bold letters. So now my wife is hot. Well funny thing the front desk lady forgot to tell us is that they only have one room that they allow a pet in. I find that abit odd but ok. The front desk lady was alittle rude when confronted about this matter. Other then that a nice place to stay and a great breakfast. PLEASED..

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed 20 October 2009

We chose this hotel specifically so our young kids could swim in the indoor pool. They keep the pool at 77 degrees (there's a thermometer), which is intolerably cold. We complained and were told that this is intentional to keep algae growth down. I own a pool; they just want to avoid the work of maintaining a comfortable pool. At this temperature, there's really no sense in heating it at all. We were also disappointed that the 3rd floor has smoking rooms beside nonsmoking rooms. When we complained about the awful smell, we got a very curt reply, which was typical of the very unfriendly desk staff. We'd never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank kohelet
VA
Reviewed 19 September 2009

I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times now and have been very pleased. The first stay was a couple of yrs ago and we traveled with kids and family. The hotel staff was very accomodating and the rooms were VERY spacious...perfect for families and large groups. The pool was a great hit with the kids too. Recently I have started traveling through Knoxville and have found this hotel to be a great midway stopping point for my journey. The location is easy access off the internet and there are tons of places nearby nearby. The room is always crisp and clean, the staff is friendly and very helpful. Check in/out is a breeze. I love having a microwave and fridge in the room...it really helps keep my costs down and my eating habits in check :) . The price averages $70 or so and that is totally worth it to me, for the cleanliness and convenience. If you've never stayed here, give it a try. Don't expect a 5 star hotel...but I believe it is every bit of a 4 star for the area.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business