Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I have never stayed in Homewood Suites before.I have to admit first time can satisfy or bring utterly dissapointment,but after viewing the meeting room all my fears were gone.this is a great place to stay convienent to resturants and shopping as well.Room was extremely clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
KnoxvilleGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear Joseph R,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Knoxville. I was glad to read that you were trying out the Homewood Suites Brand and hope that you will continue to use us in the future. We look forward to hosting you on a return trip to Knoxville.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

We made this property our base for a four day visit with friends and family around TN and NC and it was perfect. Our room though small had flexible furnishings that allowed us the ability to be hospitable. We also utilized the lobby, gas grill and patio for a cookout one afternoon and it was perfect. Most of the staff were helpful and kind. Breakfast was okay, but ended early (9am) for us since we were in from PST time zone (6am). We would definitely consider staying here again. Oh, we were concerned about hearing traffic, but did not hear it at all.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Amie H,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay here in Knoxville. Thank you for the kind words about the staff, I will make sure to share them with the team. We look forward to having you as a guest again in the near future

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Knoxville during the Christmas holiday and we had our dog with us. We really enjoyed our stay for the most part. The staff was 100% professional and the manager was very proactive about making sure the majority of the staff was off on Christmas day while working with the guests to ensure we had everything we needed while they were off.

My only suggestion is that they should provide a dog baggie dispenser outside the doors in the yards where people let their dogs out to relieve themselves. I always have baggies on hand and clean up after my dog, but it did get annoying having to avoid other people's dog's *land mines* while walking my dog outside. Also, perhaps have a trash can outside the entrances/exits. There was was only one trash can outside on the other side of the building, and I had to walk all the way around to drop off the baggie. I don't want to subject anyone to the smell inside the building.

Also, we ended up in a smoking room, but I am allergic to cigarette smoke. Is it policy to put people with pets in smoking rooms?

Either way, it was a great stay for the most part. Other than the smell of cigarettes, the room was clean, the breakfast was good for a free meal, and the location was really convenient - I could walk to/from the wine shop and grocery store from the hotel. We ended up saving a LOT of money by utilizing the kitchenette and making our own meals versus eating out. *Very happy!*

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank perpetua3d
KnoxvilleGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Perpetua3d,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the hotel this past Christmas. I truly appreciate the kind words and will share them with the staff at the hotel. I did want to follow up on a couple of items with you. First on the smoking rooms we went through a complete renovation this spring and we converted the hotel to 100% non-smoking. On your next visit there will not be any issue with cigarette smell in any room that you would stay in. I appreciate your suggestion on the doggie bag dispenser and will look into placing one of those at the hotel. I agree it is a good idea and I will make that happen.

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Knoxville. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

The hotel is in walking distance of many restaurants, shops and grocery stores. Close to the highway for easy access to anywhere in the Knoxville area. The food was very good and the staff was great! Would recommend for business and pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Anne F,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here at our hotel in Knoxville. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again in the near future

Reviewed 1 May 2013

We were disappointed with the small and crowded size of the 1 bedroom King Suite. We have stayed in a number of Homewood Suites and this is not what we had come to appreciate about the chain. Ask to see the room before checking in if this issue is important to you. We cut our 3-day stay short and left after the first day.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear David S,

I do apologize that you were disappointed in the size of your suite at the hotel. We do have larger suites than the standard one bedroom and I would be happy to try to help you secure a suite that would be more to your liking on your next trip. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you in the future,

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Had a last minute business trip to Knoxville come up and selected the Homewood Suites @ Turkey Creek due to its location and brand name. This property appears to have been recently renovated. while it was comfortable, the HVAC was loud and the overall house cleaning efforts subpar.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
KnoxvilleGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear R Steven S,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to fill out a review regarding your stay at our property. I agree we have a great location and are fortunate to be so convenient to so many amentities here in Turkey Creek. I was disappointed to read that you had a loud HVAC and that the cleaning of the room was not up to standard. We take great pride in trying to provide a clean, comfortable, relaxing stay to every one of our guests and I am always disappointed when we fall short. I will most certainly share your feedback with the team and make sure that we do better for you next time. I would like to have you stay with us on your next trip to Knoxville and prove to you that we are better than what you saw last time. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

865-218-5550

Reviewed 18 April 2013

After using this hotel for years, we were VERY disappointed to fine poor service, requests ignored, DIRTY bedspreads that were NOT removed and replaced. HORRID breadfast sausages, poor service. No one seemed to care Worst of all, both my husband and I are disabled and have great difficulty walking. We asked for and received a room where we could enter through a side door with a short walk to our room. HOWEVER, on day two we discovered our keys did not work, had to walk all areound the building ro get to the office. There we found we had been given keys programed for ONE day and we were clearly staying 3 days!!! Again poor service!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy C
KnoxvilleGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Hilton Traveler,

I want to personally apologize for the experience you had at our hotel on your last stay. As a guest who has stayed with us several times over the years I value your business greatly and want to always provide you with a clean, comfortable, relaxing stay. I am taking your feedback to each of the departments that were involved and I am committed to making sure that we use this as a training opportunity.

I would very much like to invite you back to the hotel to give us another try. I would like to personally make the arrangements and assure we get off to a great start on your next visit. Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and the hotel. I look forward to serving you again in the future.