“BED BUGS”
Review of Motel 6 Knoxville

Motel 6 Knoxville
Ranked #53 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed in rm 206. As I was getting my son ready I looked down and there was a bed bug in the cover! When the mgr Vicki came up to rm she laughed. My husband went down stairs to speak with the general manager. While speaking to the genneral manager/owner my husband asked when the last time the place was treated, to which management produced a 275.00 bill from a pest control conpany dated 10/25/2013. My husband then tried calling the pest control number on the receipt which was an invailed number. My husband then told management the number wasn't valid, to which they became upset telling him to give the room key back and leave.

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank aacheever

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed here 11/8/2013 in room 214. Woke up in the morning to find a bed bug crawling on the bed. Told the manager, and she gave us a $25 discount....thanks a lot. The next day a bed bug fell out of our backpack. Over the course of the next week, my fiance woke up with 25-30 irritated bite areas on her legs, arms, neck, and face. Hopefully it is just a delayed allergic reaction. We reported this incident on the bed bug registry, and noticed that there were already 3 previous reports. Always check the bed bug registry before you book, and please report to them if you have found bed bugs in a room. This is a nightmare.

Room Tip: don't stay in 214...bed bugs occupy that area already
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Will8180
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Will8180,

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stay in a lot of Motel 6s because I travel with a dog, and I really resent having to pay extra for her at most other chains. Pet always stay free, and I appreciate that. However, sometimes you have to compromise A LOT on the quality of the facility to get this perk. Not all Motel 6s are created equal, let's face it. Some are downright awful, most fall into the "OK for a night" category (And I don't think most people actually vacation at Motel 6s, anyway. They are on their way somewhere and just want a place to sleep, and a shower), but a few that I have stayed in are WAY better than expected. This is one of the WAY better ones. The rooms are large, updated, VERY clean, and the beds were super comfortable. Nice flat screen TV. Like all Motel 6s there was not much in the way of amenities, but if you stay in this chain often you don't expect that, and I can certainly bring my own shampoo if it means saving a lot of money. While this Motel 6 property is a little more expensive than many others, it is a good value for the area, and is certainly well worth the extra few dollars. It did have a few perks, like soft, fluffy, towels, and large, modern bathroom. Actually, the room was on par with, or even better than, many chain motels that charge MUCH more. The hosts were VERY pleasant and accommodating. I asked for a ground floor room as close to the grass as possible, (because of the dog) and that is exactly what they gave me. You won't go wrong with this Motel 6. Take it from someone who spent the night from hell in another one in another city the night before. This is one of the best you will find. And your dog still stays free!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Augusta_MEJRTlover
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Friendly welcome, large clean room, big bathroom. Clean sheets, fluffy towels/ Carpet in halls but tile in the rooms. The air conditioning worked well on a hot night. I hear pets are welcome for no additional fee. The "high speed internet" was hard to connect to and spotty. Close to a Cracker Barrel and a few other restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
13  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is one of the better Motel 6's in the chain. Located along the interstate (I-40), This is a newer modern, renovated property. Very, very clean and functional (as well as dog friendly). The Air conditioning in our room worked perfectly. At the time of our stay, which was a weeknite in September, The Staff was very friendly and helpful upon check-in, and check- out. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant rite in front, which was great for breakfast before getting back on the road. This only negative, I could find is that our room #101, was a little noisy, as you can hear the road noise from trucks on the interstate. Overall, this motel 6 is more than clean and acceptable, and great for an overnite stop. Overall Rating~ Very Good!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
16  Thank larilu
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I found small black bugs in the restroom. When I called downstairs the receptionist just kept repeating "I don't know what to tell you." She refused to send someone to my room to check it out. When I went to check out she was even ruder. When I called to talk to the manager I told him my name and he just started yelling at me. There no bugs in room! You not getting no money back and he hung up on me. I was calling more about the receptionist and never asked for anything. I'm glad that after her response, I took pics of the bugs, and killed a couple and put them in tissue in an envelope. I reported them to the health dept. And the corporate office. I know what a total refund.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Dawn L
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This seems like a very good motel for a Motel 6. Very updated and clean. Nice easy location as well. No bugs in my room and I am happy with the quiet airconditioning. But it is a bit noisey from the interstate, Too bad the windows do not block the sound. Also only a few channels on TV and HBO on both channels is real bad reception. Should be fine when I check out, Parking area is well lit too so looks safe. I would very much stop here again if I am trying to save money but not be stuck in a flop house.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business