Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Upon arrival, I was greeted by a professional individual who upgraded me me to a room with a mini bar, small living room and made sure I knew how to get to the airport the next morning. I was also presented an information sheet with multiple restaurant choices, most within walking distance. As importantly, the hotel rooms was perfect, the bathroom large, everything clean, the bed comfortable. My wake-up call was on time. The hotel is situated right by the previous world's fair tower, near the university and the market with many restaurants, bars and shops. I would make this my first choice when staying in Knoxville.

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to a junior suite for a mini bar and small living room space.
2  Thank palmspringsdoug
Adam G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your comments here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you were taken such good care of by our associates and that we were able to upgrade your room. Comments such as yours are always wonderful to hear and I especially want to thank you for your recommendation as ours being your hotel of choice when visiting Knoxville. Until your next vist, take care.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

We were traveling a long way, so the Four Points in Knoxville was about half way. We had a suite with a living room and a king size bed in our bedroom. The bed was extremely comfortable. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The hotel is very well kept and clean.

Room Tip: Kind of busy on our trip north because UT students were moving in. In spite of the extra traffic eve...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Hello, I am very happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and restful. Please know that we very much appreciate such kind comments and we definitely look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

This hotel surpassed our expectations. We have been to coming to Knoxville for 20 plus years and never stayed at this hotel. We came to bring our daughter back to college at UT. This hotel is across from campus. Front desk staff was very friendly. Room was clean and lobby was very nice. Hotel is within walking distance to downtown and Neyland Stadium. Being a UT fan it did not hurt to find out that Peyton Manning is a part owner in hotel. Go Vols!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Adam G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2012

I just want to thank you for these wonderful comments about your stay with us. They are very much appreciated! Our associates work very hard to maintain the hotel as well as give top tier service and it is always nice to hear when they did a job well done. We hope to see you throughout the year when you are visiting, and until then, I wish you a nice fall season.

Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

Hotel is located in the Fort Sanders historical district convenient to Univ. of Tenn. and downtown Knoxville. I was almost late for meeting due to such a deep sleep in luxurious linens and comfortable mattress. Clean and contemporary. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Tom H
Adam G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your comments here on Trip Advisor. I am Happy to hear that you had a restful night with us and enjoyed your stay. We certainly do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2012

bravo to the business who treat their customers like royalty !!
that was my experience just this past weekend at four points by sheraton.
with time a precious commodity,
our greatest intentions sometimes fail to meet our expectations.
having been in the customer service industry for many years, my expectations are the highest of standards.
willing to report the unpleasant, i feel it vital to do the same for the excellent.
being a business woman, getting away from the daily grind of life is difficult
the experience was nothing short of delightful . if you are looking to visit knoxville or even need a night out i assure you your return home will be accompanied by relaxation
thank you four points for a great stay !

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank henri z

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and comments about your stay with us! We are extremely happy to have been able to make your stay enjoyable and memorable and we certainly hope that you will stay with us again soon. Until then, take care!

Reviewed 28 July 2012

We booked a room over the phone and then had to cancel. Unfortunately we took the word of the person at the front desk that our reservation was cancelled. We were stunned to find a charge of $123.11 on our Discover card. The front desk clerk denied that they every spoke to us and when we asked the manager to call us back, he never did. I read that this is the "top ranked Sheraton hotel". If so, they must have absolutely no competition. Needless to say, we will never stay at this hotel and probably never stay at a sheraton either.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. They ripped us off and will do the same with you.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah S
Adam G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Good day. I would like to apologize for this situation with regards to your cancellation/subsequent charge. Please contact me at the hotel so that we may speak in order to make this right. It is very disheartening to me that your experience with us has resulted in such a negative light, but I assure you that we work hard to make every interaction and experience a positive one. There must have been some sort of miscommunication on our end with regards to your cancellation and I look forward to hearing from you so that we may rectify. Thank you, kindly.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I have been to Knoxville several times and stayed at many different hotels. I have to say that my favorite (up to now) has been the Hilton. Even though their hotel is older, I have always received good service and a nice room. This past stay at the Four Points really has made me change my mind. My entire stay was picture perfect....a rarity for picky me.

Beginning with check-in, the front desk manager was very efficient and professional. He made sure I was aware of all of my SPG benefits and hotel amenities. I had made several small requests and though the hotel was completely sold out, all of them were met. He was so friendly and made sure I felt welcomed and appreciated.

The housekeeping manager was warm and sweet and throughout my stay made sure that I had everything I needed to be comfortable. My room was very clean and everything was in good condition. Beds were very comfortable...almost "heavenly" with good pillow options. If you are traveling with children, I highly recommend reserving one of the larger suites. There is a door separating the bedroom from a small kitchenette (sink, microwave and dorm fridge) and sitting area. It even had a balcony with a couple of chairs overlooking the park and city....quite lovely! Some suites just have a small kitchenette so if the room separation and balcony are important, make sure that you are clear when making that reservation.

We enjoyed a fresh and tasty hot breakfast in the restaurant on the first floor in the mornings. The menu had good variety and was very reasonable in price. As for parking, there is a small deck outside the lobby and a garage underneath. I was a bit concerned when the manager said the hotel was sold out but I never experienced a problem parking even when I once came in late.

One issue that people should know is that the hotel does not have a pool. Not a big deal for us at all but some may not realize until they check in. Otherwise, hotel is in a great location that was pretty quiet and very convenient.

I would seriously check out this hotel before others but if it is booked, the Hilton is a nice option as well (even has a Starbucks in it).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Adam G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Hello. I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful comments you've shared regarding your recent stay. Claude and Darlene, or front office manager and housekeeping manager, are two of the best in the business. I am happy to hear that they took such good care of you. Please know that these comments are very much appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!