“The GM ironed my suit!”

Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House
Ranked #28 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Seriously this place has awesome customer service. I wanted to urgently get my suit ironed for a business meeting. Since it was no longer possible to send the suit for laundry, the front desk staff informed me that they will iron it for me. Later that day I learned that the GM ironed the suit!

I don't think there are that many hotels out there that would go above and beyond to provide best in class customer service. Granted that I am a platinum member but that does not always translate into excellent service.

The restaurant has a good breakfast options, parking was complimentary during my stay but I have heard that there is usually a $8 per night charge.

Room Tip: I don't there is a bad room at this hotel, get a room on the higher floor if you can
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Jim R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. It was my absolute pleasure to help you and hopefully make your day a little more pleasant. Thanks for your loyalty with Starwood, and we will see you the next time your travels bring you to Knoxville.

Warmest Regards & Thanks

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House

Reviewed 18 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night only. Friendly check-in and friendly service during breakfast the next morning. Near university, so several parents with college-aged students around. Great atmosphere, great Sheraton-quality bed, great location. The breakfast was good. Sausage could have been better tasting. Omelette good, my husband's fried eggs fixed just like he'd asked. Menu advertised maple syrup. Thinking we'd get real syrup, it wasn't what was expected, but yet good waffles. Overall, a good, filling breakfast with good jams and wheat bread. The hotel has noon check-out, but we asked for an extra hour to watch a movie in our room and were given that with kindness. This was our second stay at the hotel. We'll continue going there on our visits to Knoxville.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Adam G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest, thank you for the thorough feedback and review of our property. We appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments, and truely appreciate your loyalty to the Four Points by Sheraton.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Nice hotel near university, sunsphere tower, convention center and downtown. Hotel was clean and staff was friendly. Rooms a little small but well maintained and beds were comfortable. Breakfast available in on-site restaurant but many great restaurants are available just a few blocks away. Shampoo, conditioner and shower gel available in bulk dispensers on shower wall. Convenient elevator from garage level to lobby and room floors makes coming and going easy. No swimming pool.

Room Tip: Stay parked at hotel while exploring downtown since downtown parking spaces were at a premium during...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Adam G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments regarding your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, Knoxville's Cumberland House Hotel. We know you have many choices when you travel, and it was our pleasure to serve you.

If your travels bring you back to Knoxville, please give us a call.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

We were only here for a brief overnight stay on a road trip, so I can't say much about the area or the overall amenities, but the room was just what we needed and hoped for. It was very clean, very modern, and very comfortable. The gal at check in was incredibly friendly, which is a nice welcome at the end of a long day of driving. If in Knoxville, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Jim R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Dear Valued Guest, thank you very much for your comments. We understand you have many choices when you travel, and we just wanted you to know how much we value your business.

We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to Knoxville.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 9 January 2013

As a SPG Platinum member, I had a week long stay at this hotel over Christmas break on points. It was my second stay at this property.

The hospitality is good, the hotel is very accommodating, and clean. Room amenities are nice with a large refrigerator and microwave. We were upgraded to a suite and enjoyed the extra space.

The King bed in the main bedroom area is very comfortable, typical good Starwood bedding. Unfortunately, the sofa bed pull out bed mattress was very thin and uncomfortable for our teenage daughter.

Location is decent - pretty much in downtown and right across the street from the World's Fair Park and the University. Didn't try any of their food.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Brent S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

Thank you for your positive comments and your business. We are a great value for many reasons to include the ones you mentioned.

We look forward to your next visit.

Take care

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I had a great stay at the Four Points Sheraton in Knoxville! I was in town for an opera audition on the University of Tennessee's campus, and was able to get to my audition destination in a 5-minute car drive. The hotel lobby was lovely, and the attendants warm. I had a single room, with a king size bed big enough to roll over in nearly three times. The bathroom was spotless, and the vanity area was big enough for all my makeup and hair accessories. The building was quiet. The only small problem I had was that the HD channels didn't show up on my tv (non-HD channels worked fine), but I really didn't miss it at all since I was only there for one evening. Overall I had a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Brent S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Great comments! Appreciate you taking the time to share and will certainly pass on to our amazing team! HD channels are up and running and at times, due to weather, experience brief interruptions.

Look forward to your next visit!

Take care

Reviewed 31 December 2012

We were in Knoxville Tennessee for a basketball game at the university and the Four Points by Sheraton was a good location for us. It is also a good location for downtown activity. Our room had a king bed and it was comfortable. They will also accomodate your preference to NOT have down filled bedding as we are allergic to down/feathers. There is a parking garage attached to the building which made access to the hotel very easy. WiFi service was included. There is a small dining room but we didn't eat there. I would stay there again if we visit Knoxville, Tennessee.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Brent S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

Great to hear about your visit! One of our many advantages we have is our location to downtown and UT. Next time try our restaurnat, MK's as we have many local specialties.

Thanks again.