Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House
Ranked #28 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Asheville, North Carolina
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice (times were a year apart) and during each visit we have been very pleased. First of all, I would like to compliment the entire staff. Everyone is extremely helpful and friendly. We stayed in a newly renovated room and it was very comfortable and very clean. The hotel is also in a great location for UT, downtown, the World's Fair Park, and interstate connections. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jim R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Welcome back and thanks for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Thanks for recognizing our convenient location to I-40/75 and downtown, walking distance to market Square, the Park, and the University. Most importantly, we know how important it is to receive the best service and accomidations when you travel and how valuable your family time is.

Thank you for you business and loyalty, and sharing your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Warmest Regards & Thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were in Knoxville hosting a health fair and the location of the hotel is great. Actually the rooms were nice and the apples on the front desk were a nice touch. However, they allowed the construction crew into our room twice without a hotel employee. I just felt so utterly violated that we checked out early. The first time they allowed the contractor for their renovation to remove the chair and ottoman which was replaced with a chair. The second time they replaced the bed. Believe me I'm not opposed to having a new chair or bed just please schedule it before or after my visit. They actually picked up our clothes off of the chair and moved it. We didn't receive any prior notification of their entry. When I brought it to the attention of the manager he stated that the building engineer was who removed the chair. I told him I didn't think so then I provided him a description of the young man who I saw sitting in one of the chairs that was outside the room. I then asked again if that was the building engineer. He finally conceded that this was in fact part of the renovation team but the engineer should have been present. I told him that I didn't see the engineer in sight. The manager essentially blamed us for not keeping our do not disturb sign on at all times. I told him that I didn't have issue with a hotel employee entering my room as I had earlier in the day prepared the room for the housekeeping staff. Once they were done I mistakenly assumed that they wouldn't enter our room again (therefore I didn't put away any electronics, personal items etc.). Geez even in an apartment you have a right to notification prior to entry. I told him I didn't want any non-hotel staff in our room. The next morning we left for the health fair. Since we wanted coffee service and towels refreshed we took down the do not disturb sign. While at the health fair they changed out the bed. Luckily I had brought all of my technology with me and left it in the car. Sad you can feel more secure in the parking lot of a public space than in a locked room that you have rented for a few days. We checked out early. Better planning needed. Renovations should happen before or after checkout and not during a consumers stay. Most importantly notifications should be given so consumers can prepare accordingly. Total violation of our privacy. How icky to have a contractor relocate your clothing? Great location if they can only learn to communicate!! Restaurant was closed most of the time as was the bar.

Room Tip: Wait until the renovation is complete. Staff in hallways are really loud in the morning so get to s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for takling the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I certainly understand how important this is to you, and we want to apologize again for the incovneience you expereinced during your stay.

We have adjusted 100% of your charges, and we hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to show you how important your loyalty is to us, and how serious we take feedback.

Please contact us directly on your next visit so I can personally assist you with your reservation and some extra touches to show our appreciation.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel overlooks the worlds fair park and is in a good location. You can walk over the bridge and go to numerous restaurants in the city. Rooms were small but clean and quiet with all the amenities you would expect. The bar was overly expensive for a beer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are so glad you enjoyed our central location downtown at the Park and walking distance to market Square. We know how important clean & comfortable rooms are for our travelers; thanks so much for sharing your feedback.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Knoxville.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The beds were okay. The rooms were small. The pool is at the YMCA down the street. It was clean. There was free WiFi. We got in late, by the time we were hungry the restaurant was closed. They did have take out menus available at the front desk. It was an okay place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent stay. We are gald you enjoyed our clean hotel, but it seems we could have done more. Please contact us if we can assist you further, or call us the next time you are coming to stay with us and we can ensure we some snacks and beverages waiting for you if you arrive late.

Thanks again for sharing, and we hope to see you again.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We came to Knoxville for an event at Worlds Fair Park. This location was perfect for us.The room was nice. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Upon checkout I noticed I had been charged for parking when I had not used the hotels parking but they fixed it immediately. I definitely plan on staying here again next year.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank bonnyleigh
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. We know how important a clean and comfortable hotel is to you when you travel, and we are glad you were able to enjoy the central location downtown by the Wolrd's Fair Park and local restaurants.

Have a great summer, and we will see you next year.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was a GREAT value for the price. We had a king-size bed that was very comfortable and things were modern and clean. It was too bad that breakfast was not included and that there wasn't a pool but everything else was great. Lots of great downtown Knoxville restaurants are within walking distance. And we liked that they offered AAA rates!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed our downtown location, and conveinient proximity to unique restaurants and attractions. We also know how important a fresh, clean room is for our guests, our housekeeping team works very hard to ensure you get only the best.

Thanks again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again.
Warmest Regards & Thanks.
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Outstanding. I did a late check-in at 2am after a gruelling trip on the road on 6/21/2014 (Friday night - technically Saturday morning), and this hotel rolled out the red carpet for us regarding checkout time, parking, etc. Our 7 hr trip turned into 11 hours so we were tired. It was a final overnight stop before driving homem to Nashville. The rooms were VERY clean. The showers have dispensers for body wash / shampoo / conditioner which is AWESOME. Beds and sleep were AMAZING. TV was easy to use and staff was VERY helpful. Dooooooooooooown pillows! I've been an SPG since 2006 and stayed in Starwood Hotels since 1990. This was a top notch experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family