Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House
Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Peoria, Illinois
“Great service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great front desk was extremely helpful with local recommendations and campus directions. The hotel is 1 block from the edge of campus, so good location to visit.

They are in process of remodeling all the rooms so make sure you get a remodeled room. Rooms are nice sized. Bar is nice. We didn't have any food.

We had to pay for parking which was a bummer...one suggestion...use parking garage across the street during slow campus times.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank C W
Jim R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We know you have many choices, and i am glad you had a chance to experience our new rooms, bar, and convenient location to the University of Tennessee. Thanks for your great rating on our bar and service.

Please look us uo again on your travels, and thanks again for taking the tine ti provide us with feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I just stayed for one night but it was good except the room were not really modern to what I am used to while travelling in Asia. The Bathroom at best looked like from the 90's definitely.Service was good nothing special.Food Options can be done and finished better.Service was great.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. We know you have many options, and your feedback is very helpful. You will be glad to know we are renovating our guest rooms as we speek, so the next time you visit I hope you will be pleased.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

My friend and I were on a road trip, and booked the hotel over hotwire, and were delighted to see, where we were.

The boy in the front was called Peason, and he was a babe. He was so incredibly helpful, and informative.
I hope he received our late tip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and providing feedback about your stay. We know how important it is to have a great person to welcome you and provide information about the local area, and we are glad our bellmen helped you enjoy your visit.

Thanks again for your review.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Upgraded our room to new king suite on 7th floor Waiter at breakfast, UT student was great. Front desk very helpful. Very convenient to all major areas of Knoxville. Tons of hot water. Beds very comfortable

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jim R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your recnet stay with us. Our team enjoys it when we are able to provide upgrades, and how important that is to our travelers. Also, thank you for your feedback for our newly renovated rooms. We are committed to ensuring we continue to provide the best product & service in town, and we appreicate your loyalty and business.

We hope to see you again soon.

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice (times were a year apart) and during each visit we have been very pleased. First of all, I would like to compliment the entire staff. Everyone is extremely helpful and friendly. We stayed in a newly renovated room and it was very comfortable and very clean. The hotel is also in a great location for UT, downtown, the World's Fair Park, and interstate connections. I highly recommend this hotel.

Rooms
Dear Valued Guest,

Welcome back and thanks for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Thanks for recognizing our convenient location to I-40/75 and downtown, walking distance to market Square, the Park, and the University. Most importantly, we know how important it is to receive the best service and accomidations when you travel and how valuable your family time is.

Thank you for you business and loyalty, and sharing your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were in Knoxville hosting a health fair and the location of the hotel is great. Actually the rooms were nice and the apples on the front desk were a nice touch. However, they allowed the construction crew into our room twice without a hotel employee. I just felt so utterly violated that we checked out early. The first time they allowed the contractor for their renovation to remove the chair and ottoman which was replaced with a chair. The second time they replaced the bed. Believe me I'm not opposed to having a new chair or bed just please schedule it before or after my visit. They actually picked up our clothes off of the chair and moved it. We didn't receive any prior notification of their entry. When I brought it to the attention of the manager he stated that the building engineer was who removed the chair. I told him I didn't think so then I provided him a description of the young man who I saw sitting in one of the chairs that was outside the room. I then asked again if that was the building engineer. He finally conceded that this was in fact part of the renovation team but the engineer should have been present. I told him that I didn't see the engineer in sight. The manager essentially blamed us for not keeping our do not disturb sign on at all times. I told him that I didn't have issue with a hotel employee entering my room as I had earlier in the day prepared the room for the housekeeping staff. Once they were done I mistakenly assumed that they wouldn't enter our room again (therefore I didn't put away any electronics, personal items etc.). Geez even in an apartment you have a right to notification prior to entry. I told him I didn't want any non-hotel staff in our room. The next morning we left for the health fair. Since we wanted coffee service and towels refreshed we took down the do not disturb sign. While at the health fair they changed out the bed. Luckily I had brought all of my technology with me and left it in the car. Sad you can feel more secure in the parking lot of a public space than in a locked room that you have rented for a few days. We checked out early. Better planning needed. Renovations should happen before or after checkout and not during a consumers stay. Most importantly notifications should be given so consumers can prepare accordingly. Total violation of our privacy. How icky to have a contractor relocate your clothing? Great location if they can only learn to communicate!! Restaurant was closed most of the time as was the bar.

Room Tip: Wait until the renovation is complete. Staff in hallways are really loud in the morning so get to s...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for takling the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I certainly understand how important this is to you, and we want to apologize again for the incovneience you expereinced during your stay.

We have adjusted 100% of your charges, and we hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to show you how important your loyalty is to us, and how serious we take feedback.

Please contact us directly on your next visit so I can personally assist you with your reservation and some extra touches to show our appreciation.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel overlooks the worlds fair park and is in a good location. You can walk over the bridge and go to numerous restaurants in the city. Rooms were small but clean and quiet with all the amenities you would expect. The bar was overly expensive for a beer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are so glad you enjoyed our central location downtown at the Park and walking distance to market Square. We know how important clean & comfortable rooms are for our travelers; thanks so much for sharing your feedback.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Knoxville.