“good choice”

Peerless Restaurant
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cedar Bluff and Peters Rd
Description: The Peerless Restaurant is proudly Tennessee"s oldest independently owned restaurant. Serving the best butcher cut steaks, and fresh seafood since 1938. The Kalogeros Family welcomes you to the Peerless as part of our family when you dine with us! With a tremendous tradition of fine food and friendly service, the Peerless is a food service leader in East Tennessee and has established a reputation for excellence known throughout the entire east coast.
knoxville
“good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Not sure why but this restaurant is not very crowded. We ate there on a Saturday evening and there were only about two dozen people there. Food was very good. We had a salad and a burger and both were very large and tasty. Service was very good. Very little to complain about. Prices are fairly high but you get a lot of food for your money.

• Visited May 2013

“Very nice meal, good service, relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We passed by two chain restaurants two go here. No waiting, great food, super attentive service. I had the meat loaf and could barely finish it, it was a ton of food that was prepared perfectly and presented nicely. Prices a little higher than most local places but the value is good. Skip the chain places and support the local businesses.

Visited May 2013
KNOXVILLE
“Good food/ Good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Me and my boyfriend went Valentine's weekend and had a wonderful meal with a bottle of wine. We had great service!

Visited February 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Unimpressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

My chef friend says that I should give them another try. We went on a Tuesday night and supposedly that is the head chefs "day off", but I do not feel that is a valid excuse for the extremely overpriced, below average food that I received. I asked for "medium rare" and I got a piece of meat that had basically been seared on both sides, but the inside was not even hot. I sent it back, and then received a "medium well done" steak. The service was not what one would expect at a "top steakhouse", and none of the food was worth half the price on the menu.

• Visited December 2012
vancouver
“Trying to find something positive to say.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Was invited to Peerless Restaurant for a business meeting and meal. Checked out reviews which were generally not to favorable. Made note of the Lobster Bisque which most people seemed to enjoy. Five male carnivores were quickly seated in anticipation of having a Great Steak for which Peerless is supposedly known for. Having arrived at 6:30 on a Thursday we found we were only one of five tables in the entire restaurant that can easily host a few hundred people. turning our attention to the menu, we were introduced to the daily specials by our exuberant server. upon hearing that a 22 oz Bone In Cowboy Rib Steak with onion rings and broiled asparagus was one of the features, the 5 of us all were licking our chops in anticipation of the feast that was to be presented to us.

The lobster bisque did not disappoint while we waited for our steaks to arrive. The arrival of 5 sizzling platters filled with huge steaks and extra large onion rings and asparagus produced awes and yes, alright! the expressions of approval were quickly followed by sounds of silence as our palettes were exposed to a very bland, in three cases extremely tough, flavorless meals. As I quietly watched each of my counterparts reaching for the salt and pepper, each applying copious quantities of both condiments I recognized that I was not the only one who was struggling to find some flavor in my meal.

I was one of the fortunate ones as my steak was relatively tender, but the others were pitiful. Finally at the end of the meal, one gentlemen commented to the waiter that his steak was extremely tough and looking at his plate, he was lucky to have had eaten 50% and the balance was sinew and gristle. The waiter explained that he could do nothing about it and brought over the manager, who proceeded to explain how they cut their steaks on site and that these things do happen from time to time, but basically it was our problem. Our friend being extremely patient asked then if they could do nothing about the meal if they would at least bring a dessert, which they quickly complied with.

Long and short of this review, I would put this restaurant on a list of been there - Never going back!

• Visited March 2013