Comfort Suites North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MainStay Suites(Knoxville)
View Hotel
All reviewsdeluxe suitefront deskchoice hotelsseparate bedroomroom was cleanhot tubpull out couchshower curtainwaffleswould definitely stay here againbreakfast barcheck in was easynice stayhotel stafffresh fruitstaff was friendlybooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This makes about our 5th stay at this Comfort Suites this year and I just want to take a moment to thank Miss Arlene and Miss Jaqueline for their dedication to customer service. Unfortunately in January and March we were there due to deaths in the family and their compassion towards our grandchildren who had traveled from Alabama was remarkable. Not only is the facility one of the best there is in Knoxville with the cleanliness, price and location but the staff are amazing. A special thanks to Miss Jaqueline for letting the kids stay in the pool an extra 30 minutes after a very emotional day. It is the little things these ladies do that make this hotel a repeat every time we are in town !

Room Tip: All rooms are suites !
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
choice k, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Donna,

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review about our hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff we extend our deepest sympathy for the loss of your loved ones. Times like this can be very difficult as is and then to be away from home in strange surroundings doesn't make it any easier.

We are so happy that you were pleased with your stay. Your kind words will be shared with our staff.

Hopefully you will visit us again.

Pete Patel
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 daughters and their friend. The 5 of us fit comfortably in our suite which had 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa couch. Their was a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

The outside of the hotel was very nice and well maintained. The hotel lobby was clean and modern, very nicely done. I found the staff working the desk to be very friendly and helpful. Our room and bathroom were also clean, and the beds were REALLY comfortable! I love that the Comfort Suites/Comfort Inn chain gives you soft AND firm pillows on the bed so you can choose what is most comfortable for YOU, the guest, and will help you get the best night's sleep. There were plenty of restaurants located near the hotel for easy dinner and breakfast choices as well.

We did not eat the free breakfast, but everything was laid out nicely and if we did not have other plans for breakfast we definitely would have stayed and eaten at the hotel.

My only complaint, one that has been mentioned in other reviews, is the ultra bright lights pointed directly at the hotel at night. We found that our blackout curtains satisfactorily blocked out the bright light for us for sleeping purposes, but if you looked out the window - whooaa - there went the eyeballs!! I understand aesthetically they want the hotel to look nice at night, but at the expense of burning people's eyes out of their sockets, they may want to re-think the angle of the lights!

Overall though, great hotel and I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask if there is a room that DOESN'T face the bright lights in the parking lot!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
choice k, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Newport MI,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay.

So sorry about the parking lot lights. We are working on this issue with our maintenance team.

Your wonderful review will be shared with our staff.

We look to serving you in the future, and thank you again.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I spent one night at the Comfort Suites North. We were upgraded to a deluxe suite by the owner. I did not ask for the upgrade but did appreciate it. The suite was excellent. Best of all the bed was the best I have slept in for a while. Both my wife and I said this is the best we have encountered.
The breakfast was very good--scrambled eggs, sausage, etc.
The personnel at the desk both at check in and check out were very friendly. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alfalfa,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel.

We appreciate your kind words and they will be shared with our staff.

Again, thank you for the review we look forward to seeing you again.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

No complaints with this Comfort Suites. The room was large and clean and the beds were comfortable.

My only complaint was the Klieg Light pointed directly at our window. It was so bright that it even the blackout shades was enough to prevent the glow from lighting up the room.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Rod,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, with the exception of the outside lighting. Since then we have adjusted our outside lighting to prevent this from happening again.

Again, thank you for your comments and hope you give us another opportunity to better serve you.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

My company recently rented four rooms for three days. The 1st night one of the rooms smoke alarm went off 3 times in the middle of the night. When we reported it the next day, they informed us they already knew about and forgot to put a battery in it. The same night in the 2nd room one if my coworkers got locked out of his room for 45 minutes before a maintenance guy from a different location could let him in. Also the same night in the 3rd room, my other coworker complained about a burning smell. When he asked for a new room, two of the three clerks said it can not happen due to the way we booked online. A manger later on that day granted the request.

The rooms were clean, no problems there. Hallway carpet is dirty and well worn.

Breakfast was about a 5 out of 10. Coffee was good.

Hot tub broke the 1st night we were there. 2nd night hardly even warm.

The night clerk, I think her name was Amanda. Very nice and needs a raise. Does a great job.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Bee_Keeper_05

Dear Bee Keeper,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and i apologize for any inconvenience your experienced during your stay.

Rest assured I have addressed these issues with our maintenance team and will use your comments to better assist our guests with their needs.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to providing you with superior service during your next stay.