“Hen house”

Ranked #10 of 1,218 Restaurants in Knoxville
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Sitting at the bar and watching the female bartenders spending too much time talking to the other female servers.

I actually watched one of the bartenders holding a plate of food, that the guy next to me was waiting on, and kept turning around to continue the conversation without delivering this "hot" food in a timely manner.

Food was okay. Service was questionable.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We were told that the Parkside Grill was a good spot to eat, and it wasn't far from the hotel, so we gave it a try.
It was a bit noisy. There is very little soft surfaces to absorb the sound. Instead it is all brick, rock, wood and glass.
I ordered the steak panini...a very good choice. The bread was nicely grilled. The steak was tender and the cheese was flavorful. The only problem I had was the green beans that I had ordered instead of the fries. They came covered with pepper and I had to send them back.

Hubby enjoyed his chicken. He said it was tender and the mashed potatoes were the best he has had in a long time.

Prices are not bad. More than IHOP, but on par with most of the restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Excellent service, warm fresh bread, excellent strawberry chicken salad and they are not stingy with the chicken. Probably my favorite place to go in Knoxville. I don't know why they are not busier!!

1  Thank Bjm35
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Just happened upon this place after a sporting event, great selection of food, something for everyone ! The fish tacos were fresh and the black bean salad was yummy. The pastas were tasty and served with a great "salty " sourdough bread.

1  Thank shout86
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We were staying at a hotel next door, so gave the Parkside Grill a try for dinner. The food exceeded our expectations and the service was very good. I'd be happy to go back if in the area.

1  Thank oompahdave