“Quiet, comfortable room”

Ranked #48 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Virginia
“Quiet, comfortable room”
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel twice before (the first time it was not a Comfort Inn), but had not been there since 2003. Each time we had a one bedroom suite with a door that separates the bedroom from the living area. This time we had one of the two extra large suites on the second floor. This room was very quiet (opposite I-40 which is very nosy all night long if you are unlucky enough to have a room that backs up to it, which has happened to us!). When I made the reservation, I requested a 2nd floor room at the front of the hotel, but was told they couldn't give me that even though they had 5 suites available for that night. On the day of our arrival, I called the front desk around 11 and asked to arrange for a 2nd floor room at the front. It took the desk clerk quite a long time to get back to me, but she said she had given me what I asked for.
When we checked in late that afternoon, we discovered that we had the biggest suite. The location and size was perfect. There was a large kitchenette area with a sink, mini fridge, and microwave and a round table with 4 chairs. Since we were there for 3 nights, we had lunch fixings and leftovers from 2 dinner meals that we needed to refrigerate. My only criticism of the kitchen area is that the fridge should be a little bigger.
The king bed was exremely comfortable. The room was pretty plain but very clean. The bathroom looked worn, and joint tape had separated from the wallboard in 2 corners by the tub.
Unfortunately, I took my own bed pillows with me and I left them there. I'm having a hard time getting them returned to me. They do have a contract with a packing company to handle that sort of thing, but getting people to return phone calls is difficult.
WiFi connection very slow most days with a weak signal. Good breakfast selection.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This hotel is located right off of I-40; convient to a late night traveler. My boyfriend and I arrived around 1am for our check-in and the lady at the front desk was so kind and friendly. She swiched us from a room with two beds to a king sized room with no problems. The interior of the hotel is very nice and up to date. The hotel has multiple side entrances, which is nice so you don't have to walk all over the hotel to get to your room. The room was clean and spacious, although there was some water damage to the wall near the tub. The bed was very comfortable, not too hard not too soft. This hotel is also conviently located to many resturants, Carrabas, Outback and a Sonny's BBQ. Excellent stay!

• Stayed June 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 June 2011

This is an old hotel in need of repair. Hallway lights out and A/C units old and not working well. Had to change rooms due to one unit not cooling at all. Staff was very nice and location on West end of town is good

• Stayed June 2011
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 April 2011

This is an older hotel that has been refurbished. Room 229 a One bedroom suite with a balcony was very clean and spacious! The main room had a couch,chair,desk with a chair, a table with 2 chairs, microwave,larger refrig and a sink. The bedroom with a king size bed was large. The bathroom sink,which was outside of the shower area, had a mirrored closet behind it with an iron/ironing board. The shower area had new tile. A few minor things weren't replaced like light switch covers and doors. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Room 229 is close to the stairs
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We were moved to this hotel by our travel agent following a bed bug incident at another area hotel. This hotel was spectacular. We had a terrible day dealing with a surgery our dog was going through at the University of Tennessee.

When we checked in the gentleman was very understanding of our situation with our dog as well as the bad experience at the previous hotel. He went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and happy. He got us a charger for our cell phone and all toiletry items we needed (we left home in a hurry). He gave us directions to Walmart and some local restaurants and movie theaters to get our mind off of things.

The room was spectacularly clean (as were the public areas), and in the morning the full hot breakfast was great. Scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage patties, waffles, and the usual continental fare saved us some money compared to heading to IHOP or Denny's for sure. Every staff member we encountered was great and it was obvious they loved working there and making guests happy. We will visit again when we are in Knoxville.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank keithandmissy
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 8 November 2010

The beds in the rooms were more comfortable than the ones in Hampton Inns and Holiday Inns! And, I stay in alot of hotels! The pillows were great too! I didn't even use my own that I always bring with me. My vehicle had to go in for repairs while I was traveling so we stayed for 5 nights. The night we came in, I was talking to the manager and rambled on about the frustration with the vehicle break down. I was in no way fishing for a discount in any way! He gave us a very generous discount on the price and even tried to give us a suite but they were all taken so he gave us a room with a patio leading to the beautiful courtyard. You do indeed feel like you are at a resort, looking out at the landscaping, gazebo and pool.
The breakfast was fresh, hot and many things to choose from.
The guest laundry has a brand new washer and dryer. The front entrance is very comfy like a living room with a big flat screen tv, leather sofas and fireplace. Next to it is the business office that feels like a den at home with shelves filled with books and reading chairs/table. It only has one computer and printer but they also have free wifi.
This hotel has new owners and they are in the process of remodeling. But do not let that turn you off by hearing that. The only things they seem to have left to do are minor. And, if you are unhappy with your room for any reason, just ask for another. There are PLENTY of rooms! Big hotel! But the parking lot was full every night.
The only down for me was the fact they do not have baby beds available but I always bring my own pack-n-play anyways. And, they do not have flavored coffee creamers. Could add more fruit to breakfast.
Very pleasant and relaxing stay. Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Ringgold, Georgia
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Excellent pilllow top beds, fresh linens, super friendly staff, and hot breakfast ... all at a bargain price. My family and I were impressed with this hotel and its condition. No smells, issues, or problems. We highly recommend staying and remember to bring your swimsuit for the clean and refreshing year-round jazucci. Comfort Inns have come a LONG way. Thanks.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family