Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites Knoxville West - Cedar Bluff
US$111
  • Restaurant
US$138
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$98
Priceline
Comfort Suites North(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$82
Priceline
All reviewscomfort innfront deskroom was cleanwafflesred roofbiscuitsbit datedan older hotelwould stay here againlobby areafree breakfastroad noisehot breakfastking roomhot tubstaff was friendlyfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed there overnight on our way to NC. We arrived very late in the evening and there was a "problem" with our online booking, so we had to pay a full price of $140 "because it was a special event weekend", so they couldn't respect any deal that we were initially offered. Well, it was a Friday night and there was football game on the TV ( I did check and nothing special was going on in town). Pretty much the person at the front desk laughed at us and told us it's our decision if we want to go look for a hotel at 2 o'clock in the morning.
All the front desk people on check-in and check-out didn't care at all about our initial booking (which they claimed they did not receive).
Anyway, the room was ok, but nothing special. Maybe compared to some cheaper hotels it might look just above average, but for us the "good" impression disappeared when we got to the bathroom, which was plainly ugly and far below the standard one should expect for this amount of money. The toilet bowl was wobbling, the PAINT! on the walls was peeling off. There was mold in the bathroom and even some in the room.
On top of this the day after we stayed there someone payed some theme park tickets with our credit card, so we had to cancel it. Of course, I cannot be sure it was someone from the hotel, however they did take a copy of our credit card details.
All in all, not recommended.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank INID_BG
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We often travel from Florida to West Virginia and this location makes a great spot to stay for the night. Hotel was clean and easy to access from the highway. Our room was so quiet and dark, very important items for me. Breakfast area was spacious and food was more than adequate. Also, great shopping center and eating places within minutes of the hotel.( I could have shopped the next day as well...) We used to always stay at Hampton Inn's but have now joined the Choice Hotel group and have been so pleased with our choices. I think this location was be our choice from now on when traveling through this area.

Room Tip: I have only stayed here once but our room on bottom floor, 103, was very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tallygirl21
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We traveled from PA to TX to visit relatives between the holidays, so we stayed at five different hotels. This was at the top of our experiences. They were excellent is every way - the room size, the quietness of the room, comfort of the beds, cleanliness, speed of check-in/check-out, ease of internet, great LCD tv with many channels, easy accessibility to the room, a great hot breakfast, a beautiful lobby and breakfast eating area with an operating gas fireplace and large flat screen tv. This is one of the few hotels we ever hated to leave. The breakfast attendant lady was very friendly and helpful and the service desk folks nice and efficient. Many restaurants nearby (driving or walking). Thank you for a great night's sleep and an overall excellent experience!

Room Tip: We had a room at entrance canopy D, once on the 1st floor and later on the 2nd floor. Both were great, but the 2nd floor room seemed larger and was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kent Z
Reviewed 31 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night, with fairly low expectations because of the $58 AAA price tag on the room. We were surprised and delighted by the quality of the hotel. From the moment we entered the hotel's warmly decorated lobby, complete with a softly flickering gas-log fireplace, we felt comfortable.

The front desk man was welcoming and obviously proud of the hotel, pointing out its features including the three-hour window for the "deluxe breakfast" and the new 37-inch flat panel TVs throughout the hotel. Free internet access was also a welcome amenity.

The room itself -- with two queen beds -- was nice-sized, but decorated in 1980s Holiday Inn style. The pillows were lumpy, and the mattresses could have been firmer. But we slept well.

The bathroom was what you'd expect for a moderately priced hotel -- a sink and counter out in the open, and a toilet and bathtub in a separate small room. The bathtub looked old, and the plastic head on the shower didin't offer much water dispersion, but it was adequate. My wife was scalded while taking her shower, though, when a neighbor flushed a toilet or turned off his own shower. We're not sure which.

The breakfast was impressive -- complete with sausage, fresh fruit, do-it-yourself waffles, two kinds of cereal, fruit juice, hard-boiled eggs and more. We were surprised to find that the menu could address the needs of almost anyone, even those on a low-carbohydrate diet.

All in all, we take our hats off to Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the left-hand front side to avoid sounds from the nearby highway.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pfbird
Reviewed 25 December 2011

This hotel was very comfortable. The rooms were clean and the desk staff was friendly. Shower water pressure was fantastic--I had not enjoyed a shower that nice in quite a while The lobby/ breakfast area was very attractive. Breakfast was very adequate--the sausage a bit too spicy for my tastes. I guess my only complaint was concerning the wifi--it was very slow and I constantly had to turn off my ipod and turn back on to get anything to load--I have not experienced this problem since. All in all, a good choice in my opinion.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family