“Great Place for A Quick Stay”

Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites Knoxville West - Cedar Bluff
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This place was great for business travel but I the amenities were a little outdated. When I first arrive both computers froze so it took 20 minutes to get me checked in. For someone who is traveling late at night for work this can be a little frustrating.

The rooms were nice but the bedding and furniture was a little worn. The suites did have a lot of space and would be great for a family who is traveling together. The gym was very outdated and I chose to skip my workout!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Tammy L, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites Knoxville West - Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your check in and stay on your recent visit. We are in the process of remodeling and updating, and I hope the next tie you are in town that you will give us another chance to provide excellent service and accommodations. Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback and we sincerely appreciate it.

With Kind Regards,

Tish Terry - Guest Relations

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed 10/9. Access to hotel was not bad as it is close to freeway. Check in was fine, clerk was friendly. Parking was available, but lighting was not the best on side of hotel.

We thought the hotel had seen better days. The room had a foul smell. Carpets were dark and stained. Walls and ceiling in the room were dark and dingy. Room was good sized, but amenities including the bathroom area were very dated. It looked like maintenance was being performed, but lots of evidence of putting band-aids over older fixtures.

We did not try breakfast in this hotel. I doubt that we would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I generally don't comment on hotels too much, but thought I would since my experience was pleasant. I was able to use my mother-in-laws AAA discount and we only paid $65 for one night. We were on our way to Atlanta and thought we would stay in Knoxville to get some rest. The room was clean, comfy bed and did the job. Best part, sausage biscuits for free the next day. I hate breakfast, but WOW. Way better than the $175/night room we got in Atlanta the next couple days just because of the sausage biscuit alone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the online survey. We are pleased that we were able to accommodate you as you were passing through Knoxville. I get tickled when I see nice comments and I'm glad you enjoyed not only the breakfast, but also your accommodations for such a great rate. We hope in the future you will come visit us again, and Happy Holidays!

Best Regards,

Tish Terry - Guest Relations

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here as we were stopping for the night on a 2 day road trip. This Comfort Inn was nice. It's an older hotel but it looks like it has recently undergone a major renovation. Most room fixtures have been replaced. The location is great; right off the interstate with numerous places to grab a meal nearby.

Our room was clean with the exception of some hair from a previous guest that was by the sink. In addition to the bed, there was a couch, coffee table, and desk in the room. There was a flat screen television in the room as well. Some rooms have balconies, although ours did not.

The hotel has a nice free breakfast in the morning. It's not quite the level of the free breakfast you'd see at a Holiday Inn Express, but it's not just somebody putting out a few bagels either. There were healthy options as well. The lobby is very large and there's many places to sit while eating.

All the rooms have standard Comcast Xfinity cable boxes. I'd never seen this in a hotel room before. While they offer no HD channels, the boxes are authorized for all basic cable channels and much of their on demand library all for free. There's free wifi but the speeds are rather slow. You probably wouldn't have much luck downloading a larger file or trying to stream a movie on Netflix.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies but others do not. If that's something you want, be sure to ask for it...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is the second time that we have stayed at this hotel on the way back from Myrtle Beach. Both times, the accommodations and staff have been fantastic. There are some signs of wear in the hotel, but I would stay again at a moments notice.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tammy L, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites Knoxville West - Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Nujac,
I want to thank you for not staying just once with us , but twice. I'm glad you experienced an enjoyable time at our hotel and the staff was pleasant and friendly. I do want to apologize on behalf of the hotel for the wear and tear that you experienced in your room. We will be starting renovations to part of the hotel soon. I hope that the next time you come through Knoxville that you give us the chance to make this up to you. You can contact me or my assistant (Tish Terry) directly so that we can make sure you get the best room for the best price. I appreciate the kind words and the honesty. Hope to talk to you soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed here and truly enjoyed each day. We have family in Knoxville, so we were looking for a hotel that was convenient not only to them, but to shopping, dining and entertainment. This is it.
The pool area was very attractive with river rock, waterfalls, and grilling areas. Our room opened onto the pool area, which made enjoying the patio and pool area wonderful. We enjoyed dining at the table under the gazebo and lounging on the patio. The breakfast was extraordinarily delicious and they do a phenomenal job of keeping it tidy with friendly service. This was my first stay at a Comfort Inn. There will be more!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Fun2bme2day
Tammy L, Front Office Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites Knoxville West - Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Tish Terry
Front Office Manager
Comfort Inn & Suites
865-531-

Reviewed 27 July 2013

room was large enough for my daughter and I and 2 grandchildren. Clean, no sign of bed bugs, which is my first concern when traveling. Great breakfast. Lots to choose from. Staff was very friendly and helpful. would stay here again.

Room Tip: stayed on the first floor at the back, very quiet rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family