“Great stay”

Ranked #48 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Manchester
“Great stay”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed 2 nights while in Knoxville for the UT football game. The Hotel was clean and well kept. The room was nice and fresh. Beds comfortable. Bathfoom clean. Kids slept on pull-out sofa. Tish from the staff went out of her way to find two extra pillows for my kids to use since the provided pillows were on the bed. She and the entire staff were awesome and very acomodating to us. No problems. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was fine. No issues or problems watsoever.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Tammy L, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Knoxville West - Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. I'm glad I was able to make your stay enjoyable and pleasant for you and the family. And I thank you for the kind words for me and the staff. We hope we have the pleasures again to accommodate you and the family in the future. It's kind words like these that make me feel like my job is worth while. Have a blessed day and If we don't see you before the holidays, I hope you have a wonderful one.

Tish Terry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights at this Comfort Inn this past week. Our grand daughter was in a local rehab facility following an accident and we stayed here while visiting her. This hotel is obviously a little older than others in the area and its starting to show its age. That said, the room we were assigned was clean, as was the bath. The beds were comfortable, with clean sheets, etc. So no complaints as far as the condition of the room was concerned. And the room had all the usually amenities found in this brand range, including a 32 in. flat screen TV. Its not clear if they are starting renovations to the hotel or not, but it looks as though there is some attempt at putting new paint on the exterior at different places.

We also like the fact that in order to enter the hotel from any entrance you must use your hotel key. Some hotels only keep these doors locked after a certain time but this particular Comfort Inn one had to use their pass key regardless of where or when you entered the premises.

There are several good restaurants within a very short walk from the hotel, including an Outback Steakhouse and others, which is good for those who don't have any transportation. We did not partake in the continental breakfast offered so I can't comment on that, but most Comfort Inn's have a decent one with good coffee available 24 hours a day.

One of the reasons we chose to stay at this particular Comfort Inn were the good reviews on TripAdvisor, plus we got a senior rate of $60 a night and for that price this hotel is an outstanding value even though it may not be the most up to date. Two weeks prior to this visit to Knoxville, we stayed at another nearby hotel and the senior rate there was over $100. For the difference in price this Comfort Inn is truly the better buy and well worth the price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey. We are pleased that we were able to accommodate you while here in Knoxville visiting your granddaughter in rehab. We take great pride in providing an enjoyable and pleasant experience for each and every one of our guest. We are in the process of remodeling our hotel to better accommodate our guest. I hope if you are visiting this area again to please come be our guest. Again, Thank you!

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This place was great for business travel but I the amenities were a little outdated. When I first arrive both computers froze so it took 20 minutes to get me checked in. For someone who is traveling late at night for work this can be a little frustrating.

The rooms were nice but the bedding and furniture was a little worn. The suites did have a lot of space and would be great for a family who is traveling together. The gym was very outdated and I chose to skip my workout!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your check in and stay on your recent visit. We are in the process of remodeling and updating, and I hope the next tie you are in town that you will give us another chance to provide excellent service and accommodations. Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback and we sincerely appreciate it.

With Kind Regards,

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed 10/9. Access to hotel was not bad as it is close to freeway. Check in was fine, clerk was friendly. Parking was available, but lighting was not the best on side of hotel.

We thought the hotel had seen better days. The room had a foul smell. Carpets were dark and stained. Walls and ceiling in the room were dark and dingy. Room was good sized, but amenities including the bathroom area were very dated. It looked like maintenance was being performed, but lots of evidence of putting band-aids over older fixtures.

We did not try breakfast in this hotel. I doubt that we would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I generally don't comment on hotels too much, but thought I would since my experience was pleasant. I was able to use my mother-in-laws AAA discount and we only paid $65 for one night. We were on our way to Atlanta and thought we would stay in Knoxville to get some rest. The room was clean, comfy bed and did the job. Best part, sausage biscuits for free the next day. I hate breakfast, but WOW. Way better than the $175/night room we got in Atlanta the next couple days just because of the sausage biscuit alone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the online survey. We are pleased that we were able to accommodate you as you were passing through Knoxville. I get tickled when I see nice comments and I'm glad you enjoyed not only the breakfast, but also your accommodations for such a great rate. We hope in the future you will come visit us again, and Happy Holidays!

Best Regards,

Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here as we were stopping for the night on a 2 day road trip. This Comfort Inn was nice. It's an older hotel but it looks like it has recently undergone a major renovation. Most room fixtures have been replaced. The location is great; right off the interstate with numerous places to grab a meal nearby.

Our room was clean with the exception of some hair from a previous guest that was by the sink. In addition to the bed, there was a couch, coffee table, and desk in the room. There was a flat screen television in the room as well. Some rooms have balconies, although ours did not.

The hotel has a nice free breakfast in the morning. It's not quite the level of the free breakfast you'd see at a Holiday Inn Express, but it's not just somebody putting out a few bagels either. There were healthy options as well. The lobby is very large and there's many places to sit while eating.

All the rooms have standard Comcast Xfinity cable boxes. I'd never seen this in a hotel room before. While they offer no HD channels, the boxes are authorized for all basic cable channels and much of their on demand library all for free. There's free wifi but the speeds are rather slow. You probably wouldn't have much luck downloading a larger file or trying to stream a movie on Netflix.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies but others do not. If that's something you want, be sure to ask for it...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

This is the second time that we have stayed at this hotel on the way back from Myrtle Beach. Both times, the accommodations and staff have been fantastic. There are some signs of wear in the hotel, but I would stay again at a moments notice.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tammy L, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Knoxville West - Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Nujac,
I want to thank you for not staying just once with us , but twice. I'm glad you experienced an enjoyable time at our hotel and the staff was pleasant and friendly. I do want to apologize on behalf of the hotel for the wear and tear that you experienced in your room. We will be starting renovations to part of the hotel soon. I hope that the next time you come through Knoxville that you give us the chance to make this up to you. You can contact me or my assistant (Tish Terry) directly so that we can make sure you get the best room for the best price. I appreciate the kind words and the honesty. Hope to talk to you soon.